USD 257
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
USD 121
Fairfield Inn
The Royal Anne Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
USD 119
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
USD 169
BestWestern.com
Comfort Suites Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
USD 142
Hotel Eldorado(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
USD 269
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Super 8 by Wyndham Kelowna BC(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
USD 117
Coast Capri Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
USD 181
USD 140
USD 157
USD 131
Samesun Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
USD 67
All reviewsprocess of renovatingfull kitchenoutdoor poolroom was cleana wonderful staykelowna areafree breakfastlinenshousekeepingcleanlinesssummer
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Based on other reviews I'd have to say their reno's went very well. The Inn is older but it appears to be reasonably well maintained and my room was clean. It's an Inn from the 60's/70's. It's look and feel brought back a lot of good memories of places I used to stay in on road trips with my family as a child.

I used this inn as temporary housing during a relocation and their weekly rates for a room with a kitchenette (fridge, dishes, pots/pans, hot plate, microwave, kitchen area) were quite cheep. I even got a nice surprise when I got there as my rate dropped due to the start of the off-season (Kelowna is a major summertime tourism town).

The beds are comfortable, although I was a little surprised that my single room had two queens instead of one queen and a sofa, it did have a desk though. The sheets were a little rough, but not out of spec for the average hotel.

Some people complained that the AC was noisy, we'll I've never heard of a window based AC unit that was any quieter.

Some people complained about the doors, I'd say they were all recently replaced with new, steel doors. Security was not a concern here. The door had a deadbolt, but it only appeared to be lockable from the inside.

There was a bit of street noise, and you could hear people on the open air balcony, but with the exception of one couples heated argument, it was quiet for the most part.

For location, you are out of downtown proper and about 30 minutes by foot to both downtown and the beaches (about 5 minutes by car though). But you are very close to all the box stores and Orchard Park Mall and only about a 5 minutes walk to Save-on Foods and an Choices Market (a slightly overpriced organic grocery store).

Besides their own outdoor pool (it was to cold out to use) the Inn is also directly beside the Parkinson Rec. Centre which has tenis courts, indoor pool, gym, large football/soccer fields and an outdoor playground area for children.

They have free WiFi but, as a geek, it was easy to swamp out with a Video Call during peek hours (dinner time). For basic web/email use it worked just fine.

I never used the attached restaurant (which is a bit hidden to the right of the main office), it might not even be affiliated with the Inn, just conveniently close. And I am not sure if they offer room service. There is an IHOP and Whitespot just steps away, and a number of other restaurants easily within walking distance as well.

There was no Iron in the room, but an iron and ironing board are available form the main desk. They have reasonably priced laundry faculties are on site, although I was heading home on weekends and never had need of them.

Given the price per night, and the location (i.e. not being outside town), I think this was money well spent. Next week I'll be coming back with my family and we'll be staying in one of their one bedroom suites for a few nights.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JacobOfCanada
Garth C, Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thank you for review of Oct .11 our team at the Recreation Inn work hard to maintain a clean and
comfortable property.All comments are important to us good and bad. We try hard to provide all our guests a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

We decided to stay here on someone else's recommendation. The staff were friendly enough but the room was not clean. We ha asked for a room with a kitchenette - the first room that we got I'd not have one. We were moved to a kitchenette suite that had not been thoroughly cleaned for a while - how do I know? Because the spider web that spanned the drapes and sliding door to the patio was very well developed - almost epic in its thickness! The carpet may have been vaccuumed recently...however, the sheets an pillowcases were clean and both the mattress and pillows were actually quite comfortable! Then there was the police incident next door but, as a result, our stay was free and we were looked after by the staff in that regard. Excellent people working there! Just clean a lot more thoroughly please.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Rohan B
Garth C, General Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your opinion and do our best to ensure changes are implemented in the hotel. We are happy that our staff did look after you and made your stay safe and comfortable. Please come back and allow us the opportunity to be your room provider upon your next stay in the Kelowna area.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Forced to spend 3 nights here for a ball tourney, organized and booked by a volunteer parent who was trying to keep team costs down. The place is old and dirty, found used paper towels under the bed, hair in the tub and bathroom and God only knows what caused the stains on the carpets.
The front desk person was useless to deal with.
Next tournament, we will stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Road W

Thank you for your review from September 16 we have our staff working hard to keep our hotel clean and comfortable. we have recently changed a few housekeepers and now doing a total
fall clean up.as for your noise issues, all unwanted guests have checked out of the hotel.
once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

August 15th-19th 2012. Motel is very dated, dubiously and poorly maintained seeing its best days in the 70's. Looking at the exterior door from the three different rooms, you could see the door was ill-fitted and crooked. Only the door handle is lockable, with the deadbolt being unusable- this is a security concern as it is exposed to the public. We suffered inattentive front desk staff, moving rooms twice due to non closing exterior door and a mistake by front desk staff by being given the wrong room keys. We suffered through little and restless sleep with 30C room temps Saturday overnight because the power went out for the building and block (city power), and no Air Conditioning, topping it off with no reduction in that days rates. "My power went out too" was their reason for no reduction. This place does not know what customer service is. Fire and Ambulance sirens on a way too frequent basis as it is on the main drag. This place is pet friendly but worth less than half their room charge considering everything. There are better options out there than to be subjected to this level of service for that price. They even had the gall to display a Diamond service 2012 award on the lobby wall, which is seriously questionable given our experiences and the other reviews. Our advice is to keep looking for better accommodations elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gavin A
Garth C, Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Gavin A.
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor We are sorry to hear that your review was poor service
we always try to improve out customer service with our guest. we are working on fixing all our
doors and to ensure guest security.and Spending the month of September fixing up the property.
if you return to Kelowna we like to offer a 50% off your next stay.
to make a reservation just call our 1-800-663-8603 and say Garth offer 50% off.
Garth

Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

This place has the potential to be a great motel, would I go back? No, unless they remodel completely.

Great location and friendly check in people.

Breakfast is a joke, don't bother, it was a muffin and a juice box. However, there an ihop across the street - yum!

The rooms - eugh! The bathroom and the kitchen were very clean but that's where it ended. The carpet is disgusting, stains all over it. The room is filled with a bunch of old unmatched furniture. And the duvet was just a duvet, no duvet cover, I doubt this thing ever gets washed, I refused to sleep with it! The sofa is also dirty looking. The room has the aroma of a thrift store, smells just like goodwill. The first room we went to which apparently was upgraded (had a round sink instead of square!!) was not made up yet but was no different in cleanliness than our room.

The kitchen has a stove, fridge, microwave all which were clean. The utensils and dishes on the other hand were not.

Bring your own toiletries as only a shower cap was provided.

The pool was closed so I cannot comment on that. I also did not want maid service so I cannot comment on that either.

There is free wifi but I could only get it to work in one section of the room.

If they redid the rooms (bathrooms and kitchens are fine) this would be an ok place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
WitmarGM, General Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

We would like to welcome you back to the Recreation Inn, and would like to assure you that we have changed the entire hotel with new Management on board, and are proud of our guest rooms and staff!