“Quality bubble tea and fairly popular among locals”
Review of Formosa Tea Cafe

Formosa Tea Cafe
Ranked #10 of 15 Dessert in Kelowna
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Wide selection of bubble teas at the standard price. Free wifi available, so some people do their work there as an alternative to a coffee shop.

1  Thank Rebecca A

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Staff is great very nice but this is not my cup of bubble tea
Hong Kong milk tea tastes so weak
I've tried multiple flavours and none of been bang on.
Their syrup based bbts seemed okay I.e. Passion fruit, lychee, green apple, etc.

Why do you have to make iced bbt by whirling it in a blender? Whatever happened to the traditional shaker method?

They put very little pearls in it. I sometimes ask for extra pearls and extra grass jelly and it's a really small amount.

I was excited for bbt in town, but it's still not comparable to bigger city bbt like bubble world in the lower mainland.

I like Hq49 bubble tea better but they are really inconsistent there.

1  Thank ayeboo
Reviewed 21 April 2017

There is a wide range of drink selections, which I appreciate as well as the quality of the teas. The desserts that they make in house are delicious and the service is always excellent. The staff are lovely. My issue is how inconsistent they are when it comes to making the tea. I have always ordered the same drink which is a black peach ice tea with a quarter sweetness. However, every time I go there it's never the same. It's either perfectly sweetened and the best damn ice tea I've ever had or it's sickeningly sweet to the point where I can't drink it and want to throw it out. I just wish they could be consistent with this. It's extremely frustrating as a customer.

1  Thank Alexa D
Reviewed 22 May 2016

We were driving through Kelowna and I had a craving for bubble tea. It was so close and easy to get to from the highway, what a blessing! Its very spacious, lots of great local art on the walls, staff was super friendly and easy going. Their tea selection is amazing, if not slightly overwhelming but if you know what you like then your set. Lots of good little baked items and little treats. The tapioca pearls were perfectly done and you can choose from tapioca, coconut jelly, aloe and more!
Bathrooms were very clean and atmosphere of the whole place was welcoming. Going back on our way out!

2  Thank forloveford
Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

We came
In because we were waiting for the Japanese restaurant to open . Lots of space, good tea and the matcha tea cake was good!

4  Thank lindacO8724ED