“First stop for my birthday”

Summerhill Pyramid Winery
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 105.80*
and up
4-Hour Okanagan Valley Wine Tasting Tour of the Kelowna Lakeshore Wine Route
Ranked #10 of 138 things to do in Kelowna
More attraction details
Owner description: Canada's largest organic winery and premier producer of sparkling wine. Enjoy the stunning view, wine tasting and tours, and wine paired cuisine in the Sunset Organic Bistro.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

After landing in the airport, this was the first stop we visited to kick off my birthday celebration in Kelowna. We arrived here around 9:30 am on Thursday, September 7, 2017 from Edmonton and enjoyed exploring the winery. We also had a delicious eggs Benny for breakfast! Good thing we had a breakfast early because a huge wine tour group arrived and it was just jammed packed with people in the property. It was a smoky and hazy weather during this visit but nonetheless, we made the best out of it. I will definitely go back in the future.

organiclover, General Manager at Summerhill Pyramid Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Happy belated birthday R B! Thank you for celebrating with us. Glad to hear it was a happy occassion.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I had a lunch and dessert for lunch, and both were lovely. I sat at a table near the edge of the patio, near the divider that separates the bistro from the lookout in front of the building. However, my meal was near impossible to enjoy as I was continuously bombarded by waves of foreign bus tourists. Not only was I photographed by at least 40 different visitors coming from three different buses while I was eating, some people even pushed their way through the divider and into the patio of the restaurant just to get a photo of the view - disrupting myself and other diners. At one point, I had two separate couples sneak in past the waitresses, sit at a recently empty table next to mine, and take pictures of themselves pretending to eat at that table. Another person lent over the divider, took a wine glass from the bar to pose with it while his friend snapped pics of him posing directly in front of my table.
This is the most ridiculous meal I've ever experienced. If that's the norm, I doubt very much I will be returning. Shame. Good food.

1  Thank Anna H

Hello Anna H, thank you for writing to let us know about your experience. I have shared this story with our front of house team to ensure this is not the norm. I am so glad to know the food was lovely, and hope you will return to dine with us again.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The menu was unusually hard to select from with some odd combinations of things. We settled on one pasta special, 2 arctic chars with salad and one mushroom risotto with veal and fois gras (not a regular menu item). Food was reasonably prepared and very reasonably priced so fairly good value. We sat outside but our table was at the end of the serving area and partially overlooked the wine making facility.... not sure what the hostess was thinking - there were other options - we should have asked to move.
A fairly casual place with matching casual service.

Thank you for visiting and thank you for the feedback, both positive and critical. Have passed on to the restaurant team. It can only help us improve.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We had company come to Kelowna over the weekend from both Vancouver and Germany and we took them to Summerhill Winery. We had a very enjoyable experience. They have a beautiful balcony where you can view all the vineyards and also Lake Okanagan. The highlight for our relatives were the four free "gratis" wine tastings that they were offered. We took quite a few pictures and the two smaller children in our group enjoyed playing on the teeter totter and the little mini golf put outside the front doors. We all had a really great time. I would recommend this winery to everyone coming to Kelowna.

Thank you so much for visiting and for sharing your experience! Glad your family and friends were comfortable and happy at Summerhill. That is the main thing that we aim for.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Beautiful location with a view on the vineyards and the lake. Good wine and good food, with a selection of Asian and Italian flavors. Prices are also fair, consistent with the quality of the food. Surely recommended.

Thank you so much Colocinte, for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience!