All reviews perkins restaurant front desk cosmos tour cold beer and wine store loft room third floor central location liquor store an upgrade the main highway beds were comfortable indoor pool hot tub one night stay iron channels tower
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Good location. Very frendly staff. Room clean and comfortable. Room a have iron and all the necessary toiletries, and coffeemaker. Big pool and hat tube and gym. Nearly pab and restaurant. Good locations, but room don't haven't microwave.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Mike I, Front Office Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Thank you for your positive review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The next time that you stay with us, please be sure to request a microwave as we do have them to deliver to your guest room. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

The property is not close to the water based activities in Kelowna. However, our room was convenient as our door opened to the parking lot and our car. The room was old and tired. The beds, however, were comfortable. Our TV didn't work and it took two calls to the front desk to get it fixed. There was no laundry facilities in the hotel. The internet was slow and unreliable, and therefore quite annoying. They do not serve a free breakfast with the room cost, which is also a bummer. However, know there are lots of places to eat near the hotel. The best part of my room was the shower. It had pressure and volume. Know in summary, I likely won't come back.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Thank you for your comments. You are correct, we are not on the water ( it is a 10 minute drive) and breakfast is not included. Our rates also reflect that difference. We do have Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in our lobby that serves breakfast all day and is a great value. Our Mickies Pub and patio also serves breakfast on weekends and holidays. There are also many other great restaurants within walking distance and we are located in the heart of the shopping district.
Our rooms have a fairly new bedding program and the bathrooms have been completely renovated within the last two years including granite countertops, new tile, wallpaper, and all fixtures. If you would like to discuss your ideas for the design elements of our rooms, I would welcome your suggestions. Please call me at the hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

I arrived at the Hotel only to find I was the 'Patron of the Day' I was upgraded to a suite with the promise of cookies to come. On arriving in the suite, I decided the loft bedroom was not for me. They moved me quickly and gladly (even though I had already used the soap and a facecloth) and the cookies arrived in my new room! I had left my suitcase in the 'old' room and Trevor quickly retrieved it for me. I always feel 'at home' at the Ramada and the front desk always does their very best to make one feel welcome. I could have had a room for much cheaper, but I prefer the Ramada.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Delora H
Mike I, Front Office Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Thank you for your positive review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. We were very happy that you enjoyed being the Guest of the Day! Our staff are always here to assist you with anything you need during your stay. I will pass on the kind words to Trevor for you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Really Liked staying there. Was in town for a 4 day conference and liked how close it was to everything. One thing that needs to be mentioned is the loud Housekeepers early in the morning. During the conference I was leaving around 8am, and housekeeping was already working. On my last day I got to sleep in a bit, or so I thought. The noise from the housekeeper next door and in the hallway had me wide awake by 8. Would be awesome if they started even an hour later and avoid making so much noise when they do.

Room Tip: Choose a floor where housekeeping starts later in the morning...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeepers do start at 8:30 on weekdays. I'm sorry if your sleep was disturbed. I appreciate the feedback and will talk to our housekeeping staff about minimizing noise levels. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

We were in room 250 from May 27-29. Things started out okay except that we had booked, a month in advance, a nonsmoking room with a king size bed. What we got was a room with a old, old stale cigarette smell that assaulted your nostrils every time you entered the room - and one queen size bed. Of course, being a weekend, there were no other rooms available. Kelowna is a party town and accommodations are hard to get. The hotel is at least 60 years old and the rooms are very dated, drab and still smell of cigarettes. The whole building is supposedly nonsmoking, there was a nonsmoking symbol on each door. The carpet has not been changed probably in 20 years and the room not painted. The decor was old gold drapes with brown carpet and walls. The TV was newer and worked fine. The housekeeping service was fine as well. The bed was comfortable and the linens good quality. The bathroom toiletry items were average at best, the towels were quite soft. We stayed 2 nights. On the morning of checkout, the toilet flooded. We had to lay towels on the floor - we are tidy people and it was awful but we had no choice. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone up right away to fix it. We said fine, we would go have breakfast. An hour later when we returned to the room, it was apparent no one had been there. Talk about inconvenience - argh! We went to the desk to check out and mentioned no one had fixed the problem with the toilet. The guy behind the desk mumbled something about the maintenance guy's phone being dead, so.....and then his voice trailed off and he looked down at the floor, not at us. No apology - no offer of a discount off the bill for the inconvenience - nothing! What a bunch of b.s.! This place has no integrity at all. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

I'm sorry that it took our maintenance people more than an hour to attend to your room. Their response time should have been better, even on a busy day. I have already reviewed the issue with the staff involved to avoid a recurrence of this type of situation.Once again, my apologies.
The building that you were in was built in the early nineties and was completely renovated less than 8 years ago (including carpet and wallpaper). The wallpaper and tile in the bathroom are less than 5 years old.
As you mentioned, all of our rooms are non smoking and have been for more than a decade. I can't explain the source of the odor you reported, but I did not check the room until I received your review this morning.
I apologize that clearly we did not meet your expectations. I welcome you to contact me if you would like to discuss the issue further.