“Excellent”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I am in from out of province and found this place walking around. Ordered the #55 and it was superb the service was great and the servers were Thai which was great as we could talk about Thailand and the amazing food. I will be going back tonight.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We're fortunate to have quite a few great Thai restaurants in Kelowna, but Bai Tong is by far my favourite. The food never disappoints and the owner and staff are always incredibly welcoming.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Had dinner at Bai Tong Thai. Had a reservation which helped as we were a party of 9. The service and food was good. Only comment I can make is the food had lots of vegetables and very little meat. It depends on what you are looking for - worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Before I sat down to eat at Bai Tong, I admit that it was not the restaurant I had intended to eat at on a Saturday night. Luckily, by having an open mind, my partner and I decided to eat at Bai Tong, because we were; very hungry, we love Thai food, and there was not a 2hr wait for a table for 2.

All I can say is that the other restaurants that sent us away, did us a great favour as our experience was wonderful at Bai Tong.

Firstly, the family owned and operated business, which has been open for 10 years, provided authentic genuine, caring, helpful service. The honesty of the owner to guide my partner and I through the menu in coming to a decision about our order was very thoughtful and helpful. He suggested we order less than we had intended to and he was bang on as the dishes we ordered completely satiated us both in flavour and serving size.

Receiving that kind of honesty from a business owner is rare today and dealing with his family, son and others, was an absolute pleasure as you could see and feel the pride they took in their work.

The food was really delicious and well prepared. I was impressed with everything I ate and commented about how the fried items; spring rolls and deep fried banana, were not greasy at all and had been cooked in a manner which rendered them fresh in flavour and, light on the pallet.

I will return to this restaurant without hesitation when I return to Kelowna and recommend it to all who appreciate, good food and service.

Great fresh authentic,food, great people!!

Management response:Responded 27 October 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to serving you again! Thank you from the family at Bai Tong.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We have been coming to this establishment for years, and always considered it to the "go to for Thai " in Kelowna.

Our last visit, September 1, was disappointing. Service and ambience was fine, but the most important aspect of any restaurant, the food, was disappointing. The dishes we ordered were bland and there was hardly any seafood or chicken. It was filled with vegetables. Not saying vegetables are bad, but we ordered seafood and chicken dishes.

Will have to reconsider going to Bai Tong on our future trips to Kelowna

Management response:Responded 27 October 2017

We are so sorry for your experience. If it's possible on your next visit we would like to make it right for you. Again we apologize for this experience.