All reviews underground parking heart of downtown continental breakfast independent hotel hard boiled eggs facing the street bernard street perfect location included in the room rate fresh fruit prospera place stay there again within walking distance small balcony flat screen tv the hotel manager parking spot
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Convenient location, nice rooms and amenities, such as laundry facilities, gym, good breakfast. Some noise in hallways from other guests. Free parking, near lake, restaurants and shopping. Pleasant staff.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Seline,

As short, sweet & to the point as your review is, we thank you for taking time to post it & for pointing out features of your stay that were most important to you.

We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us & hope to welcome you back someday!

Christa Park ~ Hotel Manager - Royal Anne Hotel

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

When we arrived to the hotel the bathroom was quite dirty. There was a lot of hair in the bathtub and was obviously not cleaned. The head housekeeper came to the room, and let her know that we were in a rush to get out but that she was welcome to clean it once we left - but ultimately didn’t do anything about it. So we cleaned someone else’s dirty hair out of the bathtub ourselves. The following day when we were leaving I asked the front desk to make sure our room was cleaned. However, it never was. Over the course of the weekend we called down and requested, and talked to the housekeeper on our floor and it never was cleaned. The response to this is they claim our room had been set to do not disturb, which is impossible for us to confirm because they have an uncommon light system that we have never seen before. But regardless of the color of a light, If a guest is drawing frequent attention to an uncleanly room then the housekeeping should be talking to the guests about the color of the light on their door, shouldn’t they? And perhaps asking if they can come in.
Finally, on the last day of our weekend we noticed blood stains on the duvet. I am a nurse and the color of stained blood is very recognizable and this very clearly was, and the manager claimed that it could have been any kind of stain. It is very clearly blood. The royal anne is not a cheap hotel so I would assume that they can afford to retire a duvet and purchase a new one when it gets contaminated by blood.
Finally, when I talked to the manager on the phone after returning home her response to the uncleaned bathtub was that “leftover hair in a bath tub does not mean it is unclean” and they blamed us for the room not getting cleaned despite our frequent requests. She offered $50 off the stay for the weekend, which equates to about to 5.5% of the total I paid when we arrived. I found this very insulting to have had to do our own housekeeping and had to sleep in blood stained linens. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the location, but I desperately advise against staying there if you value cleanliness and good customer service. I have also read quite a few reviews with similar stories so this is clearly a patterned behavior.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Kendahl,

To begin with, as I expressed during our telephone conversation yesterday, we are very sorry that your guest room was not 100% at your time of check-in Kendahl. That our housekeeper failed to remove traces of hair in your tub when cleaning - prior to your arrival, is not acceptable or indicative of our normally high cleanliness standards. People do make mistakes however & sometimes things, such as a hair, can be overlooked. Which is NOT an excuse by any means. It's simply a fact... people are not perfect, despite their efforts.

In respect to the stain you discovered on our duvet, please be assured that the duvet is laundered after every check out. Despite your impression that the stain may (or may not) have been an old blood stain Kendahl, it does not mean the duvet itself is dirty, or that it should be discarded, as you've indicated. Not to be rude, but my question to you is if you would throw out a perfectly good set of sheets or a duvet at home, because it happened to have an old, small stain on it? Especially, if the stain is not normally apparent?

As it is in hospitals & hotels around the world...5 star or not, bedding & sheets are laundered & reused. They are also discarded when it is appropriate to do so.

That there was a break in communication regarding servicing your room, is very unfortunate. If a DO NOT DISTURB light is on, my housekeeping team will not enter, or even knock on a guest room door. Generally speaking, guests can get very cranky about being disturbed when they've indicated they do not wish to be disturbed. Again, we apologize for the miscommunication Kendahl, but it was not entirely the fault of our housekeeping staff.

In closing, I wish to say it was not my intention to insult you, by extending a $50.00 discount on your stay Kendahl. After weighing out your issues, the $50.00 rebate was what I felt was fair compensation, due to the overlooked hair in your tub. That you demanded a $50.00 discount per night & threatened to extort me with a bad review if I didn't oblige you, is truly regrettable & what I don't find fair.

Christa Park ~ Hotel Manager ~ Royal Anne Hotel

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I would give top marks to Chloe on her customer service regarding several instances, one a noisy room adjacent to me and the other of a car without a wheelchair badge parked inappropriately. The noise issue sorted I unfortunately booked a second night. I was attending to my elderly mother whom had been admitted to emergency at KGH so having a restful night was needed to offset the stress of the day. Night 2, Friday of a long weekend, lots of busy-ness in the hotel, out on the street-the room across the hall was occupied by several young men whose friends were on a different floor and it was a lot of comings and going’s, loud voices and room and hallway exit doors slamming along with a pungent smell of pot. At one point when the noise abated I had written a request on the hotel notepad asking to please keep voices down and close doors quietly in consideration of guests trying to sleep putting it on the floor in front of their door. That seemed to work. The noise from the street went well past midnight but I realize totally out of the hotels control. Upon checking out the next day I mentioned the noise and that perhaps a sandwich type board at the elevators at night requesting what I had asked on my note might be a good reminder to guests-I was told that there was that in the elevators already. Surprised me I hadn’t seen it but checked as I was moving things to the car and only read a notice of the no smoking policy for the hotel so the checkout person was sadly misinformed and not hugely sympathetic. I did leave comments on the in-room form, I’ve stayed in large hotels that use signage to remind guests to be quiet, it was not offensive at all.
On the plus side, the room was exceptionally clean and well appointed, comfortable bed, ample breakfast with vast selection. Many coffee shops and restaurants nearby as well. I read in one response to a review about sound proofing to be done soon but if you realize it’s already a problem think outside of the box, holiday merrymaking guests often need it put right in front of their faces as a reminder to be thoughtful of others. You could proactively provide that notice and avoid sleepless guests unhappy reviews. I would have liked to give more than a 3 but I try to be fair as some circumstances are out of your control BUT you know you have a problem so do what you can now until a more substantial remedy can occur.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Nikki,

Although not the best review we've ever received, I sincerely thank you for your feedback & appreciate your suggestions. I have also received your guest comment card, outlining your suggestion to post our NOISE POLICY & a request for guests to be considerate of other guests, in our elevator. Which incidentally I think is a great idea.

As a pro-active measure, we've posted a letter regarding our NON SMOKING policy in our elevators the past number of months, due to pending marijuana regulation & increased sensitivity to cigarette smoke. For the comfort of the majority of our guests, we felt we needed to prioritize our message & clearly state we are a completely NON SMOKING facility. As most guests ride the elevator, it's the most obvious place to state our policy.

Unfortunately, despite our very best intentions not everyone gets the message.....despite what the posted message might read. Whether it's not smoking on site or being considerate of our house noise policy, it really comes down to guests being respectful of other guests when in a hotel, displaying some common sense & simply following the rules.

Whether this hotel or any other, despite verbal instructions at time of check-in, posted messages in the elevators or hallways & written regulations on registration cards, when guests come to party, they forget all the requests & warnings that hotel staff has outlined for them & totally disregard house rules. When alcohol or drugs are involved, there is simply no regard or respect for the property, or other guests within. Which is disruptive for everyone around them.

As a responsible hotel that cares deeply about the comfort of our guests, in anticipation of high traffic weekends, we bring in security as an added measure & will evict offending guests, when we're aware of serious guest violations. That these measures were not taken during your stay, can only be because we were not aware of the severity of the disturbance. For that, we sincerely apologize Nikki.

Despite your impression, we attempt to be pro-active about our policies & wish to assure you our guest comfort is most important to us. We truly regret that you stay was anything less than completely enjoyable Nikki & thank you for your helpful feedback regarding signage.

Christa Park ~ Hotel Manager - Royal Anne Hotel

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Great location in the heart of the city centre and a 10 minute walk to the waterfront and the walking paths along the lake. I had a room on the 5th floor (507) with a King bed and a view of the lake /marina and mountains - the room was clean and comfortable. Only drawback was you could hear folks in the corridors as they came and went (very tight corridors). The breakfast was a good buffet of fresh fruit, yougort, granola, cereal (hot and cold), hard boiled eggs, etc.. pretty much all you could ask for. There is also a free airport shuttle that the hotel can arange. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Meagan,

We sincerely thank you for taking the opportunity to stay with us & for posting your guest feedback with TripAdvisor.
We hope noise transfer from the corridor was not too disruptive & wish to let you know that recommencing our interior sound proofing project, is on our radar this fall & winter. We began that project last year & will continue with it, this fall & winter.

Aside from that slight drawback, we are so pleased to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and can't thank you enough for your recommendations for our lovely hotel. That you loved our wonderful city center location & found our guest rooms to be clean & comfortable is fantastic.

Christa Park ~ Hotel manager - Royal Anne Hotel

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Went on a great golf vacation last week with 11 others and we stayed at the Royal Anne. Accommodations were clean, we all had plenty of space and the breakfast was wonderful - I especially enjoyed the fresh fruit and good coffee. Nice beds .... I slept like a rock! The folks at the front desk were helpful in guiding us to desired destinations. And the hotel manager, Christa, was even more than helpful. The Queen Anne is right in the heart of the Kelowna downtown district - convenient to restaurants, entertainment, and shopping. Great place to spend a vacation! I would go back in a heartbeat!

Stayed: August 2018
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear jedudas,

That you travelled all the way from various states in the U.S.to golf in Kelowna, says much for the championship golf courses in our region. That you've travelled internationally & extensively to golf & would return to our hotel in a heartbeat, says much about our hotel & is truly the nicest compliment we could hope for, as an accommodator. Thank you so much!

We sincerely enjoyed accommodating your group & getting to know you fine gentlemen during the week you were with us! Despite the smoky skies during your stay, we're so happy you enjoyed your golf trip overall & trust it was memorable for all the right reasons. With luck, we'll look forward to welcoming you all back, under sunnier skies!

Big hugs to Jack for me!

Christa Park ~ Hotel Manager ~ Royal Anne Hotel