All reviews sun peaks powder hounds management company gas fireplace great location good size a great place to stay coffee maker condo bedroom accommodation lock mattress furniture tub lounge elevator
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Our first visit to Sun Peaks and staying here at Fireside Lodge. We are in room 419.
Check In was easy and the staff were informative and helpful for us as first timers!
We arrived early so we knew a wait would be required,WRONG- 10 minutes and we had our room key,all our information and we were settled in our room,luggage arrived about 30 minutes later,which left us a whole day to explore and rest after an early start.
Our room- spacious and certainly exceeded our expectations. The bed in the main room is sooooooo comfortable and was really clean, and our son is on a fold out sofa,with no complaints.
The kitchen is a good size with all your cooking appliances supplied and allows us to eat breakfast in and also some night meals as we are usually too tired to venture out.
The accommodation itself is ski in/ski out,its located a short ski to the lifts and easy to ski in off a ski run.
I have never felt so comfortable in a room,its just like home.... only smaller!

Downstairs is Powder Hounds Restaurant-GREAT food,large servings and great service all at a reasonable price-MAKE A BOOKING--- Always busy and hard to get a table

I cannot wait to visit again.
I highly recommend Sun Peaks and Fireside Lodge.

Room Tip: Rooms facing village,not the roadway
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2017

My wife and I are picky people and the only negative we could say is that the tub drained a little slowly!
The place was clean, cute, and exactly as shown in the pictures. It was well furnished and had all the kitchen things you could need. The coffee provided was awesome and we will be switching to the same brand that was provided there. It would be hard to pay the winter prices but knowing how great it was we would do it knowing the awesome room we'd get.

The bed was a little firm but that's just preference. Still had great sleeps. Nice and quiet building. Cannot speak to the sofa bed as we never used it.

The location is perfect as well.

We will definitely stay here again...and again.

Room Tip: Top of the Mountain manages it and they were very helpful and knowledgeable.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Nicely decorated unit with the completely outfitted kitchen. Comfortable bed and wonderful sectional to relax with a glass of wine and watch the large flat screen TV. Easy walk through the village to shopping & restaurants. Community hot tub was hot and clean. Ski lockers use Ski-key locks which was just fine for us as we brought ours with us. I wouldn't leave my boots in a locker anyway cause they're still on my feet when I lock my skis.
Powder Hounds restaurant- very good - is on the 1st floor so you don't even go outside to get there. Free Fall was a great rental shop - excellent customer service. Really is a terrific ski in/ski out location! We'll be back!!

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Top of the mountain manages Studio 222 in the Fireside Lodge as well as a number of other apartments in this complex and throughout the village.
Organising the accommodation from Australia was very streamlined.
Before arrival by email I was given appropriate entry instructions to my studio and did not need to go to an office to organise entry.
I was able to get early entry which is important after a 22 hour flight into Kamloops due to weather delays.
A little while after arrival I was greeted by James who explained how things work.
I would be happy to recommend this company to anyone visiting Sun Peaks.
As to the apartment it came with a fully functional kitchen,separate shower bath toilet and basin room.
Crockery was adequate for three/four people ,wine glasses in short supply,frying pane,saucepans etc quite adequate However this studio would be crowded for more than 2 people
Decor quite acceptable.
Have not tried the gas fire as the studio is quite warm buy not unpleasant.
Top or the Mountain supplied locks for the ski room not a thing done by some other managers.
I would be happy to return to Fireside

Room Tip: View of the mountain
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank whalemush
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Our 1 bed condo had everything we needed for our 10 night ski/snowboarding trip.

The location is good, you can ski down the main street to the Sundance and Sunburst lifts and there are plenty of bars, restaurants, winter sports equipment shops and a supermarket within walking distance.

The condo had a full kitchen (oven, fridge, dishwasher etc.), living room with 4-seater table, gas fire, sofa bed, large balcony
with view of Mt Morrisey.

The TV was a bit rubbish, an old school CRT job with a limited choice of channels.

The bedroom was large enough and the bed was comfortable.
There was plenty of wardrobe space, but we could have done with a few more shelves or drawers to store clothes.

The bathroom was also a decent size and the bath was full sized.

Downstairs there is a secure and heated ski storage room and a hot tub which unfortunately was broken.

On each floor is a small laundry room (1 washer, 1 tumble drier).
The 4th floor laundry room had a faulty strip light which flickered at a migraine inducing rate.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple