All reviews the river manor house driving range guest ranch hardwood floors hot tub tea and coffee stayed longer outdoor pool one night stay we've stayed yogurt long drive road trip llamas retreat wedding
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We had a large group of women staying in the manor house, we had excellent service from all the staff. We had a cooking lesson with executive chef Mitch schafer, he was very knowledgeable and very personable. It was a very lovely, peace full setting. I would reccomend my friends stay here for a getaway.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

So happy to hear you had an enjoyable time with your friends in our Manor House. We appreciate you staying with us and there is nothing better than a personal recommendation to friends. Now your chef comments. Mitch has been favorably mentioned often and although I really think he is a wonderful chef we need to be careful his chef’s ego does not overtake him. Good job Mitch, now take off your tiara.
Thank you!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have just returned from an amazing weekend at the Manor House. The house was spacious and accommodated 14 women with ease. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The kitchen was adequate and very well stocked with glasses and cooking supplies. The highlight was an evening with Chef Mitchell at the house where he organized and taught us ladies how to cook four different appetizers. It was an evening to remember forever. The food was amazing and the Chef was a hit with us all. I not only reccomend staying at the manor but I would insist that you look into a cooking session with Chef Mitchell.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

We are so very happy that you & your girlfriends had such a lovely experience staying with us. I may pass on your comments to Chef Mitch He can already be a pain when he gets comments like yours and as you can imagine he never gets tired of hearing such great words. You ladies were great as well and I appreciate how caring you were and how nice you left the house. Thank you for taking your time to write about your stay with us on Tripadvisor, we certainly appreciate it!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Great place to stay. Would reccomend this place to anyone. Nice staff. Clean room. Very quiet. Just perfect. If you're looking for an out of the way place to relax this is exactly what you're looking for.

• Stayed: September 2012
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

We love hearing the words "just perfect," this is what we strive for. Thank you for your review and thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Recently we had the pleasure to spend a night at the South Thompson Inn. We started our evening at Madison's restaurant. The food and service was excellent. Chef Shafer did not disappoint us! We recommend that you try one of his decadent and delicious desserts. The whole dining experience was incredible. After dinner we retired to our very clean and comfortable room. There we enjoyed a night cap on the deck with an absolutely stunning view of the South Thompson River. In the morning we had a refreshing swim in the pool and hot tub. We found our stay to be one of the best and relaxing hotel stays we have ever had. The staff were friendly and accommodating. We would recommend the South Thompson Inn to anyone that needs a romantic getaway!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N S

We are so very happy you enjoyed your romantic getaway at STIGR. Our Chef will love this comment. He thrives on compliments and antagonizes over negative comments. Crystal our Executive housekeeper works extremely hard to accomplish what you noticed. We take no credit for the great view of the river . Thank you for staying with us and for your outstanding review of your experience with us, we thrive on this.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the South Thompson Inn to celebrate our 30th anniversary. It was a lovely spot to just spend time together in a relaxed rural settling away from the noise and hustle of of our city lives. We enjoyed the many places to walk that are available both on the property and adjacent to it; the lush lawns sloping down to the steady quiet river, the well cared for horses in the green pastures, and the stark brown hills across the road. All very tranquil.

The hotel itself is older but very well maintained, with a "yes, this is a lovely change" kind of feeling. Our room was a pleasant mix of masculine and feminine decor that was comfortable and relaxing for both my husband and myself. Our view looking out on the dry brown hills set against the crisp blue sky and the lush green lawns was invigorating.

The service was excellent, the staff friendly and polite, the only slight disappointment was the restaurant. The settling was lovely, the food was good, (not great and my husband's dish was rather bland,) but there was a lack of "pampering", no sense of nudging the appetite, that would have made the experience complete. (By the way, the morning coffee was excellent, and lasted long enough to have that unhurried holiday feel.)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debra W
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Congratulations on 30 years of marriage!! What a great accomplishment. Thank you for your kind words about your experience staying with us. The Inn was built in 1993 and we are constantly maintaining and improving to keep fresh. We have to apologize for your husband not enjoying his meal, I sure hope he mentioned his concerns to the server. It was never brought to my attention so cannot comment other than to say we would have been happy to offer him another selection if the one he ordered was not to his liking.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future and ask for me and I will see what I can do to improve the dining experience.