All reviews good eats an overnight stay clean hotel good nights sleep comfortable rooms train desk stove queen
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Great little hotel, very clean and everything we needed including fast internet and great room service. Dennys diner across the car park is greatly convieneitnt and everyone is friendly. I would recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms have doors straight to carpark so very easy for bags in and out of your cars if you have lots of luggage.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Manager17, General Manager at Sandman Inn & Suites Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Hello Cam M,

Thank you very much for your review and your kind words. I'm glad that you enjoyed the amenities that our hotel has to offer, and we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 17 September 2017

First of all, there are 2 short flights of stairs to get to the check in desk. No luggage trolley, and wouldn't work, obviously, if there was one. Room, extremely small. If you are a large person, get prepared to stand in the bath tub, to close bathroom door. Not kidding. Had I known, we would have stayed at the Sandman Signature, for peanuts more.

Room tip: Don't get stuck with first room across from check in, around the corner.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Reggie44,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate that our front desk is in an accessible area, but our Suites building does have a luggage cart and elevator access. If you wanted to reach out to me directly for your next stay in Kamloops, I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to our suites building so that you can experience those rooms.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope to hear from you.

gm_kamloops@sandman.ca

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on our road trip to Calgary. The rooms are very tired and dirty. Carpets worn. Do not stay here and would not recommend . Also not in a nice part of town didn't feel safe walking with our 10 year old daughter back to the hotel in the evening.
Very basic accommodation

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Emms536,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and have taken steps to address the concerns you pointed out, including on-going renovations of our guest rooms and public areas.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again,

gm_kamloops@sandman.ca

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Rooms were very clean, parking was a little tight. Later in the evening the parking lot filled up fast. Rooms were updated. Super comfy beds and pillows. I'll be staying again for sure.
Only complaint is we were put right off of the lobby so we could here everyone checking in and out of the hotel. And the door was sticky. Like the latch was hard to close you essentially had to slap the door to shut it.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager17, General Manager at Sandman Inn & Suites Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Hello cherbear04,

Thank you very much for your review, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!
Please reach out me to directly so that I can find out which room you were to ensure that we had maintenance take care of the issue with the door.

Tyson Andrykew
gm_signaturekamloops@sandman.ca

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

My sons baseball team was in Kamloops this past weekend for a large baseball tournament with 25 teams. Our team had been given this hotel as one that the tournament organizers had blocked off rooms for teams. In total there were to be 13 or 14 rooms held by confirmations for us all as we had all booked via a link from the tournament.

When we began to arrive 3 families were told that they no longer had rooms as the night staff had used whiteout to cancel the reservations for some unknown reason. I was told that my reservation was at the other Sandman hotel and no longer with the team. Even though I had called to confirm just the day before. Thankfully we were able to have rooms all together other than one parent who was travelling alone.

Once in the rooms, as a group we had the following issues:
- no towels
- no toilet paper
- ants in the kitchen
- dried blood on towels and sheets
- unclean bathrooms
- keys that only worked for a few hours a day
- one family were unable to enter their room for 2 hours due to their lock not working. Then had to remind the staff about the broken lock the next day to have it fixed. And we're told, "don't close your door if you leave"
- A/C not working in a few rooms, guests were given a fan while temps were over 30 degrees
- rooms not made up until 5pm, yet the cleaning chart sat in the hallway in the same spot for over 3 hours

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone and suggest that Sandman look into their brand. While dealing with these issues, we were told the manager quit! We do not blame her!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberley T

Hello Kimberley T,

Thank you for your review, and our sincere apologies for the experience that you and your team had here. These certainly fell well below our standards.

Please reach out to me directly so that I can receive your specific feedback to ensure we take steps to improve our Hotel moving forward.

Tyson Andrykew