All reviews double tree warm cookies rocky mountaineer nice hotel breakfast buffet upon check downtown area central location liquor store front desk staff comfortable bed would stay here again riverside park road trip en route long drive one night stay
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Will never stay here again, I book our rooms 6mnth in advanced and called 1 week before to make sure all was ok and then 48 hr before BUT when we got there the joint rooms from me and my kids were doubled booked and we had to sleep 1st night in rooms not even across or beside each other! the Hotel staff and MANAGER were very RUDE to me and my mother. 2 nights I can never get back carpet in room was sticky and the pool and hot tub were dirty! Only good thing was the complimentary breakfast and the rooms were quite sound proof and the bed was cumfy!
Totally disappointment all around!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Cathy R, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We take your comments very seriously and work to improve our standards as a result. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed overnight between days on the Mountaineer. The surrounding neighborhood is pretty bleak and uninviting but the hotel is clean and pleasant with on-site restaurant and friendly helpful staff.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. The surrounding area is currently undergoing a LOT of construction and as such its pretty bleak. But once its finished the area will be much more appealing. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Thanks,

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

It is not the best now the worst doubletree. The staff was 'fine' and not memorable. Rooms were little small. I stayed in Room 501 and the door would not lock. I only noticed this after our first night. Once discovered I went to the front desk and explained the issue. They resolved it by offering another room but there was no apology. In fact, they acknowledged this was a problem before with this room. No offer to help, no offer of a small financial compensation.... nothing. The location is great as you can walk to many things and parking was included. I would stay there again but I would lower my expectations.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Cathy R, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Good afternoon,

I am sorry that we did not meet with the standard you would expect from a Doubletree property. Please accept my sincere apology at the lack of service provided by the front desk. This is not the standard that we expect from our staff and it will be addressed immediately. I have also contacted maintenance so this lock will be fixed right away. We take your comments very seriously, and appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback, so that we can better our service in the future. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future, and ask you to contact me directly when you book next time.

Sincerely

Cathy Ross
Front Office Manager
cathy.ross@hilton.com

Reviewed 9 September 2017

After such a wonderful day on the Rockie Mountaineer we only needed to lay our heads on a pillow and sleep. The hotel was perfectly adequate to suit our needs. Disappointed as it wasn't really up to Hilton standards however from the regeneration of the area and purchase of the adjoining space, it seems that things are looking up. Shame about the demolition site opposite.
The town itself is quiet and caters for the number of transiting people.

Room Tip: Don't expect Hilton standards, it's small by comparison.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Cathy R, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Doubletree by Hilton Kamloops to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future!

Cheers,

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Front staff were awful - except for a girl called Mercy she was lovely. There were stains all over the carpet. It was close to downtown and you could walk to most places.
Not sure I would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At DoubleTree by Hilton, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Cathy Ross