All reviews spg member the air conditioning hotel restaurant night's sleep comfortable stay room was spacious one night stay long drive highway desk dryer shampoo plugs coast
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I travel a lot for business and stay in many hotels. I decided to stay here as my first and last time as I checked the ratings and it was shown as a 4 star hotel. First off when I arrived the front desk service was fine. The room was fine if you don't mind being surrounded by hills and traffic. After putting my bags in the room I met with my client in the lounge for a drink before dinner. The barmaid took forever to serve us and we were the only ones in there, it think she was too involved in the tv program she put on the tv. I guess this should have been the first indication. Finally once we got served we thought we would head over the restaurant Prime grill hoping the service would have improved, only to find out it was a massive disappointment and disgrace.First off we order peppercorn mushroom steaks, to be told that they ran out of peppercorn sauce and that they would discount us for that. We said ok. The food comes out, after the first bite I wanted to toss it it was so disgusting. Seeing as how this is rated one of the top 2 in Kamloops for steakhouse I would have had a better meal at McDonald's. The steak was bland and no flavour, potatoes were called garlic potatoes and all they did was sprinkle a bit of garlic over the potatoes. Needless to say we never finished our meal. When we brought this to the waitress named Kelly, she took it back to the chef and came back saying the chef apologies because he has cooks that are training and offered dessert. We obviously politely declined and when she brought the bill we were charged total costs, even additional costs than what the menu showed. After all this she knocked a dollar off the bill for an immature cook and immature staff. I told this waitress I am not giving a tip because of the chefs poor conduct. Her response was well whatever and stormed off. After that she was very ignorant. We approached the manager Reggie and explained to her what had transpired and she was apologetic and offered a 10% discount. When she asked the server to adjust the bill the server Kelly was very abrupt and argued with us and then again stormed off to get us the supplement refund and plopped the money on the counter and walked away. Very unprofessional. On top of that was informed the chef was only two weeks old on the job training other people. As a response from all this stay away from this hotel especially this restaurant until it lives up to its 4 star rating. Change in staff improvement of respect for customers should priority. Never in my experience have I experienced this type of disgrace. Like I mentioned before travel a lot and this by far was the worst experience I have ever had. I will never stay at a Sheraton hotel again with the respect I was given and I will never recommend them to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
LaRhonda S, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear tmccaughey2016.

We regret to hear your expectations were not met and apologize for the complications you encountered during your stay. Our team strives to deliver exceptional experiences to our guests, and we have addressed your comments to ensure these things are rectified. Our General Manager, Cecilia Guerrero, would also like the opportunity to personally amend your experience. Should you like, please contact her directly at ceciliag@fourpointskamloops.com to further discuss your stay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope you will consider trying us again so we may prove that this is not the norm at our hotel. All the best

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Overall a decent place to spend the night. Fairly new build so the rooms are fresh and clean. Pool area us great for kids. 3ft to 5ft depth pool, hot tub and Sauna are all good to loosen up from the drive. However, there was this generator or air conditioning compressor that kicked in every ten minutes. Told the front desk and they said they would look into it.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Nice pool and even nicer water slide and hot tub.
Beautiful rooms. Unfortunately, the day we checked in, their kitchen was out of order, so we were not able to dine there. They were however, kind enough to comp us for breakfast the following morning, which more than made up for the inconvenience of the previous night :)

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room on the same side of the building as the pool & water slide.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

I won't go into the rooms or anything. It was all perfect. Except when we walked in for breakfast at 10:58 (the buffet breakfast is served until 11am) we were told the restaurant is closed. As we were moving out came this sweet lady and asked us to take the seat in the restaurant and said the breakfast would be served. We were in a hurry so she got it packed for us. Which was really kind. Just what you expect from a Starwood property. Thank you Cecillia Guerrero (General Manager) for the kind gesture. You won our hearts and your gesture was the highlight of our stay.

1  Thank sanuja2016
LaRhonda S, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear sanuj a,

We're thrilled to hear we were able to accommodate your needs during your time with us. Thank you for sharing your experience - all the best.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on the back to Alberta from the coast. Rooms were large and clean and everything worked. Good wifi, good air conditioning, hot showers, and the water slide was a hit with the kids. Several good places to eat supper and breakfast within walking distance. My only complaint would be the service. This is not a pet friendly hotel, yet they made an exception for a couple that had a small dog. They did not however make the same exception for us, because they said our dog was too big. The small dog was not a hypo-allergenic dog, it sheds just like our "bigger" dog. Pretty poor when decision to break the rules is based on the size of the dog.