“Horrible customer service ”

Red Fort Restaurant & Patio
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Fusion
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Worst customer service ever! I almost called the BBB on this place. My son was quite hungry so we specifically asked our server how many pieces of fish were in the kids menu order of fish and chips. She replied 2. We waited for an extremely long time to get our food despite the restaurant not being full. When it arrived, there was only 1 piece of fish. When we requested the second promised piece, we were told we’d have to pay extra - which would bring the price to greater than the adult size fish and chips! I refused to do so and asked again for the second piece. The server would not oblige. She stated the portion sizes are by weight, not number of pieces -completely contradicting her earlier statement. My son is ended up eating his 1 piece of fish and half of my dinner as well. When the bill came, there was a service fee of $5 added on which the server said was mandatory. When I asked if this was stated on the menu (I hadn’t seen it) she said yes. I expect a mandatory device fee for parties of greater than 6, there were only two of us. I paid by credit card. As we left I checked the menu at the host stand and there was no such fee noted. So I inquired again why I was charged. The server rolled her eyes at me and very rudely handed me a $5 bill saying “I don’t want any trouble.” The whole thing was absurd; her attitude was horrible and she had zero customer service skills. Having been a server myself, I understand customer service well. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We were the only customers but waited 45 minutes for a salad and fish tacos. The food was fine and the view of the lake and mountains was superb.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We stopped here for dinner as we were camping out at Sasquatch PP for the night. It was nice to be outside and have a view of the lake. Food was good and was a nice place to relax for beer.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The schnitzel was the best meal I've had in ages. The bacon-mushroom reduction sauce was amazing and the mashed potatoes were even delicious (and I don't usually care for mashed potatoes). My partner had the butter chicken and it was also excellent. Service was great as well! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We visited on Labour Day with our kids ages 4 & 7. We chose this restaurant because of the kids menu. The chicken strips and fries were a perfect size, the pasta was a bit small for $10 (including a drink). We also had the nachos which were great and the chicken and bacon wrap with salad. Overall the meal was very good and service was decent. It was not speedy service but not terribly slow. I would eat here again with my family. Nice roof top patio with view of the lake as well.