All reviews ihop restaurant travel lodge room was clean parking lot a great stay kitchenette highway bathtub pet canada bc vancouver
Reviewed 9 September 2018

One nite stay, passing thru to the Okanagon Valley. Check in was slow as their reservation system was acting up. Asked for a ground floor in on line booking, as husband has mobility issues, they had put us on the second floor, no elevator. Change that out to ground. Room was reasonable for the money, but, one of the smelliest I’ve been in, 50 yr old carpet needs to go!!! Or cleaned more often, if it survived. When I mentioned at check out, the gentleman suggested they were waiting for summer season to be over. Wouldn’t want to satisfy your peak period customers. No breakfast but IHOP attached. Did have laundry facilities

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2018

I took my two younger sons for a final end of the summer finale by treating them to a weekend at Chilliwack/Cultus Lake area. Since I was planning on being out at the water park and the adventure park both days, I mistakenly chose one of the hotels in the Chilliwack area.Surprisingly, this area was quite booked up so there wasn’t much of a choice in hotels in Chilliwack. I picked this Travelodge as I’ve stayed at Wyndham group of hotels and a Travelodge before and have always been satisfied, so I was hopeful.This was right off the #1 Trans Canada highway and even has an IHOP on site, which was convenient. In hindsight, there are many more choices for the same price in Abbotsford, so next time, I advise travelers just travel the extra 10 mins down the highway and stay in Abbotsford. This hotel looked like at one time there were some updates, but has since given up.We were given a room on the second floor, and after we loaded up our luggage in a cart, we were very irked to find out there were no elevators available! What kind of property does not provide an elevator especially when there is a second floor?Regardless that was just the beginning of our distaste for this property.Although check in and cleaning staff were friendly, that’s about the only positive I can give.The hallways were dingy, dark, and carpets were horribly stained. Our room, which was supposedly already an “upgrade”, was equally disappointing.We were greeted with a musty mildew smell, and some uninvited guests of several dozen fruit flies. I figured perhaps someone left some garbage out, which wasn’t a huge deal, so I figured out they would dissipate as soon as I could find the source.Alas, I believe the source was the hotel in general...yuck.The sofa bed was probably from the 70’s (but to be fair I never expect much from sofa beds), but the comforters and blankets had cigarette burns and just smelled.We cranked the AC and the bathroom fan to try to get rid of the smell.We did have a wonderful time at Cultus so it definitely overshadowed any unpleasantness of this shoddy hotel.My advice? Next time I’ll stay in Abbotsford. Drive the extra few minutes.The price wasn’t even that great, $145 a night certainly wasn’t a bargain in the least. I wouldn’t pick this place again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We booked a four day stay at this hotel visiting from the USA. Our room was clean and comfortable and the service very friendly. The price was also very fair for what you get. We had some minor issues, but they were addressed promptly and professionally.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked a 1 night stay as part of longer holiday through Canada, we stayed for the night and although the room was a nice and was clean. The staff were polite and friendly and we're very helpful. However, the corridor of the floor we were staying on smelt of animals and the carpets were stained throughout.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018

The room was dirty, smelly cigar and humidity and the beds the worst!, the a/c super cold, the mini fridge full in ice. the check in and check out was excellent, the breakfast supreme, the pool and the spa was the best part of the trip.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel