“Awesome restaurant cjs”

CJ's Southwestern Grill
Ranked #29 of 62 Restaurants in Williams Lake
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Description: set in the heart of downtown williams lake, Cj's Southwestern Grill is a convienient location for any occasion. private meeting space to accomodate groups up to 30 and semi private area for groups up to 50. buffet and menu dtyle dining and can accomodate up to 160 people. great for large groups/ teams/ etc
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Oct 11 we enjoyed a buffet luncheon with schnitzel, Pototoes chicken, soup, desserts,gravy and much more.IT was the first time we had lunch there .This was wonderful lunch and we will visit this place again..........really enjoyed the food.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Cj's is open again and so very good, I see that Red Seal Chef Dave Olynick is back in the house! I enjoyed a beautiful buffet with a friend and everything was spot on, we both have dietary issues and prefer a buffet because of that, mostly we need home made food which we found there for sure, we are supper happy, I should have taken a few pictures but we were enjoying our time so much we just did not think about it OH WELL there is always next time.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Had the lite chicken dish with salad and Itlalian dressing. Wow! They told me I'd love it and they were right! Whatever Cathie is doing with this magical special secret batter mix and fresh chicken breast tender meat served with hollandaise sauce it is definately worth trying and worth paying for! Arguably the best chicken dish you'll have in a long time! A memorable dish to say the least! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We visited this place for dinner last month thinking we hadn't tried it since they moved into town some time ago. Previously they were situated on the the highway just south of Williams Lake. When still in the old building, we did go there once or twice & enjoyed a nice home style food experience, nothing to wow about but nice. When we went in there this time, there was one larger group in a far corner which still had people joining them & only a couple of other tables with 2 people at them that were just finishing up so not terribly busy. We had a long wait to get the menu & then a wait to finally order our dinner. My spouse ordered the seafood enchilada with croquette potato and said it was quite tasty. I ordered the small portion of the orange chicken. It took a long time for our dinner to arrive but we were hungry and it looked good. Well after a couple bites of my orange chicken with all the vegetables I ended up just eating the chicken which was not smothered in sauce. The sauce was not good. I should have sent it back as it definitely was not enjoyable but the waitress had not returned to see if we were enjoying it & I didn't want to wait for anything else as I was hungry so decided to eat the chicken as my spouse was already partially through his dinner. The waitress did not come back until we were finished the meal (I left about 90 - 95% of the veggies & sauce on the plate & and I mentioned to her that the orange sauce had a strange taste (like way too much cornstarch or something) so I couldn't eat it but ate the chicken as wasn't covered with sauce. She apologized and said that she would let the kitchen know which I'm sure she did. I thought there might be some adjustment on the bill but we were charged as ordered. It was not the waitress's fault & she was very nice but I was surprised that the management or cook did not come out to talk to me about the problem. The one plus which I was happy with was that you could order 1/2 size of a lot of the dishes if you thought the regular size was going to be too much. I had ordered a 1/2 size. We will not return to this restaurant in the future, a very big disappointment.

viper1972, Owner at CJ's Southwestern Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

My apologies for your dining experience. When your server brought the plate to the kitchen she was asked if you would like anything else. After being told you didn't she was then told to remove your meal from the bill. Unfortunately that evening I was not able to come out to chat with you personally.
And my apologies for your meal not being removed. You are welcome to come with your husband for a complimentary meal or we will gladly refund your money.
Cathie

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Food was medicine. Ordered a chocolate martini.....first time I've had olives in a chocolate martini. Enough said.

Not sure you a reviewing the right restaurant as we do not serve martinis on a regular basis and did not have the ingredients for a chocolate martini on hand at the time of your review or now for that matter. Hopefully the restaurant you visited is able to train their staff on drink recipes or hires a bartender. Cheers and good luck on future dining experiences.
Cathie, Owner Cjs southwestern grill