“Visiting friends”

MR MIKES Steakhouse Casual Williams Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
MR MIKES Steakhouse Casual Williams Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Williams Lake
Price range: USD 8 - USD 23
Description: No fancy frills, no stuffed shirt attitude. Just real people and great food. Everything you want in a steakhouse - only casual.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Upon arrival my Buddy and myself were greeted warmly ( found out it was the manager---Nigel--- that first met us) and seated right away,after slight tour of place while we looked for a table we liked.. The manager then stayed to have short conversation with both of us and we were already laughing.. (unfortunate) that my buddy and i showed up so close to shift change as we were not able to experience day shift personnel ( Sara), as much as the night shift.
Very pleasant atmosphere and walked around restaurant before seating ( as just wanted to see whole place before we chose seat).. The place was spacious ( did ask about another room and was informed and toured the banquet, birthday, or meeting room ) which was surprising to see in a restaurant...
If I actually lived in this town i definitely know where i would be having Birthday celebrations, or staff parties.
My buddy and I decided to have a couple drinks before ordering and our server---
( amber)---was very pleasant and was laughing with us in no time.the drinks were sent out in frosted steins and then when a shooter was asked for the bartender---
( Julian) --- make them promptly and correctly... We were then greeted by server --(Shay)-- who in my opinion is a fantastic person and server, and right away we were laughing together.
I myself an a slightly different eater in that I ordered a 12 oz Ribeye and i always eat my steak,Chicago blue rare ( which is uncommon for most people), and the cook had done a "perfect" job in cooking my steak.
Lastly ,after dinner, It was nice to see that there was a choice of medium to finer liquor choices. I was able to choose an exceptional scotch (Lagavulin)to enjoy after the meal.the bartender served it up the right way with only 2 ice cubes.
While it was an exceptional night of visiting there is one slight drawback... The chairs seemed after awhile to become slightly uncomfortable as wooden with square seats which kind of put slight pressure on back of thighs after awhile.
All in all... great visit was accomplished, very enjoyable, and staff were very friendly.Nigel, Shay, and staff ....I will definitely be back to visit again soon.

Mr Mikes Steakh... C, Guest Relations Manager at MR MIKES Steakhouse Casual Williams Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thanks so much, Mike! It's always a pleasure to have you in, in any of our locations!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The house wine at Mr Mikes is very good. Had the seafood pasta (can’t recall the name of it) and is had a generous portion of seafood. The stuffed mushroom caps are perfect and a great appy for sharing. Service was good. An enjoyable experience.

Mr Mikes Steakh... C, Guest Relations Manager at MR MIKES Steakhouse Casual Williams Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thanks so much for your review, I’m so glad you enjoyed! If you’re ever having a craving for that pasta again, it’s called the Seafeast Fettuccine. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We have gone in about 8 times now and of the 8 times have had good food about 4 times and good service twice. It's your basic Mr.Mikes with a side of burnt. I wish I could enjoy my Mikeburger since that's the reason I eat here but its always burnt and never enough sauce. The drinks are good. The Tomato Bruschetta appy is unreal! I'm not sure when we will venture there again to have burnt burgers and a $50 bill.

Mr Mikes Steakh... C, Guest Relations Manager at MR MIKES Steakhouse Casual Williams Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thanks for your review, Kayla. I’m sorry that the quality has been inconsistent when you have come to dine with us. Please let us know whenever you have any issues when you are there, as we would love to be able to fix it for you as it comes up. If you wouldn’t mind sharing your contact info with williamslake@mrmikes.ca, we would love the opportunity to get in touch with you.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Its wonderful knowing that the food at Mr. Mikes is consistent and good. The staff were friendly, food was very good. The kitchen can get a bit noisy so be careful where you are seated.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Mr. Mikes in Williams Lake was very poor overall. First, we waited over an hour for our food. Second, two steaks were ordered and they both were not cooked properly. Had to send one back. Steakhouse is in your name you should have this figured out. Third, I had the Bacon Mike Burger and it was nothing to write home about. Burger patty resembled the same premade burgers you get from Safeway. Good news is I was so hungry from waiting that I ate it anyways.

Mr Mikes Steakh... C, Guest Relations Manager at MR MIKES Steakhouse Casual Williams Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thanks for your review. I'm very sorry that you had to wait so long for your food, and that the food was disappointing when it arrived. We would love to offer you some gift cards to give us a chance to win you back. We're usually very proud of the experience that our team in Williams Lake can provide, and while we dropped the ball for you this time, I'm confident that we can do it better for you next time. If it would be acceptable to you, we can arrange to send you gift cards or have them ready for you to pick up at the store.