“One of the best ”

Price range: USD 4 - USD 19
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: RELAX! AND COME ON IN FOR A QUIET COMFORTABLE EXPERIENCE! NEW EVENING FEATURES A EXPRERIENCED QUALIFIED CHEF! Fresh made hamburgers made to order served at the table within 20 minutes. Fried onions, mushrooms and onion rings and your choice of condiments. Just ask for our hand made burgers and design your own burger with your choice of hot sauces or make yourself a Mexican Burger. Choice of salad or potato for a side dish. Fast friendly service and all day breakfast for your convenience. Ask for items you are craving and customize your meals. Our servers will accommodate you with our fast, friendly service. We will exceed your expectations. Our evening meals start at 4 PM. Enjoy a veal cutlet or a steak with all the trimmings! ALL DAY BREAKFAST SPECIALS ! Eggs Benedict Special and More! A new burger called the overload burger for the person who enjoys fresh local Alberta Beef served with any topping you chose. Loaded with fresh lettuce, tomato, relish or mustard. Build your own burger and be served at the table so you can relax and enjoy our WI-FI or just enjoy sitting at our comfortable booths and tables. Lots of space and we cater to families and large groups. Quiet and enjoyable with lots of space to eat and visit with your friends and family. New items are offered daily on our specials. Our meat is locally sourced from Central Alberta and supplied by Nossack Meats, a locally owned and operated business from Red Deer, Alberta. Desserts include our in-house baked Flapper Pie! And of course enjoy a tea and cookie with your meal! We offer more than over 200 types of loose-leaf tea from around the planet! Come and enjoy a latte made fresh from our may teas! NEW TO THE RESTAURANT! OUR BURGERS WILL IMPRESS YOU ALONG WITH OUR SERVICE! TRY A NEW YORK STEAK SANDWICH OR JUST HAVE TEA!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

When I return from Edmonton I always try to stop in at Glenn’s. it is an awesome restaurants for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or a late night snack that is more than filling. The restaurant is super clean, very well managed, excellent customer service and Awesome menu choices. This late evening I tried the senior burger + onion rings - not the best diet meal.....but oh.....it was Yummmy and Delicious. Yes for feeding me at 9:40 pm. My server was excellent there was not a problem ...as they were just shutting down and cleaning up for the evening. On gasoline ally going south this is the Best food. Many Tks.

1  Thank Ross M

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I stopped in for breakfast today on my to Calgary. The service was good, my breakfast was good, the marble rye toast was excellent. I enjoyed my breakfast and I would stop in here again.

1  Thank Ian K
jhillsdown, Owner at Glenn's Family Restaurant & Gift Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank You! We are pleased to serve you! Your appreciation is well received! Come again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

$3.75 for a cup of tea is maybe okay but it was a little confusing to get it. I am sure they never had tea available to drink there last time I was there but Glenn said it was 11 years ago when they did not serve tea. The gift shop is strictly for people with a lot of money or tourists. I would not pay $10 for a tiny bottle of maple syrup or $700 for a statue of a cheatah. To their credit they have every kind of tea you could probably want.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We, myself, husband and son (21 months old), often stop here on our way to Calgary, it has great home cooking, and a homey, old school diner atmosphere. This was probably the third or fourth time we have visited with our son.

We sat in a booth, with our son in a booster seat. I got breakfast food (all day breakfast!), my husband got a reuben, and my son got the kids mac and cheese. There's actually a huge selection for kids that ranges from pancakes/eggs to chicken fingers. Kids meals include a drink.

Our waitress was very accommodating, bringing our son a cup with a lid/straw to drink his juice from, bringing an extra plate to divide out a small amount of his meal, and giving us wet wipes for cleaning up.

Our food was delicious, and we will go back. It is a bit pricey for some items on the menu, but you can find items that are a good value. Portions are large.

jhillsdown, Owner at Glenn's Family Restaurant & Gift Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

YOUR SMILES ARE OUR REWARD! "Joy is not in things; it is in us." quote by Richard Wagner. We enjoy your comments and rating!
We hope your travels are fun and safe. We are pleased to serve you! Come again, soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Simply cannot say enough that I Love love love this restaurant’s character. Food is good. Washrooms always clean, love their cookie with tea. Welcoming staff.