“Good value and great soup”
Review of Koryo Korean BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Koryo Korean BBQ
Ranked #128 of 361 Restaurants in Red Deer
Reviewed 19 November 2015

My mom and I went and each got an udon soup, one seafood and one beef. The broth was excellent and the noodles had good consistency. There was more seafood than I had expected, so it was just like the advertised picture. The soup's vegetables were broccoli and green beans, which added some variety from your typical udon soup. It arrived in a decent amount of time, as expected from fast food in a food court.

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 17 February 2015

I really had not tried Korean food until Koryo Korean BBQ, so really I can't compare to authentic Korean food. But I do know that I REALLY enjoy this place! It has meat selections you can order; beef, chicken, fish that they grill; but what you see in front of you are a number of vegetarian selections. There is usually kimchi (spicy fermented cabbage), cold beans and broccoli (but really good, they have a nice flavor to them), pasta salad (very unique and tasty, but definitely does not have the traditional American pasta salad flavor I am used to), glass noodles (my favorite!), roasted potatoes with sauce (a big seller), salad, and tofu. They always give me a scoop of rice at the end, and its good rice. Nothing like that greasy rice they sell at regular Chinese buffets. I also really enjoy the BBQ sauce they have, it's different than normal. Really creamy and worth a try.
I will add that I have gone to the Red Deer Koryo for ages now, and the people working there are really, really friendly and have great customer service. They will almost always accommodate my strange requests to mix or try two small things instead of one choice. I notice they are always smiling. A great group of people working there!!!
I would definitely recommend, I personally think they also give large servings!

Date of visit: February 2015