“Interesting!”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Montana's BBQ & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 344 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed 23 January 2018

If you are in a hurry, Montana's may not be the place to go. It is a place to take your time and enjoy good conversation & good food. The service was excellent, the food was excellent. The only complaint was '' for my taste the ribs were overdone. The chicken wings on the other hand were delicious, best ever. Oh yes, it is popular with families with small kids, so lots of the little people around!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Always love going to Montana's as the staff is so accomodating! We had a party of 8 and we only had a 20 minute wait on a Saturday night!! The food was great and there were 2 smaller kids and the waiter got their order in promptly as they were starved!! It was a Great Evening!!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I met some International friends and with my granddaughter decided to try Montana's for an early evening treat. From the moment of entry the service was poor. The three host/hostess continued chatting with each other rather than seat us. The waiter was cool and unhelpful. When I asked for some guidance and advice about the menu he replied with, "well, read the menu" I wanted a little bit of an "in the know" interpretation, obviously I could read the menu. When the food came, the nachos, which I considered to be a relatively small serving were expensive and burned. They were so unappetizing that the five of us didn't even bother to finish them. The riblets came without a fork. It took nearly 5 minutes for the restaurant to retrieve us one. Our second beers came without the orange garnish. (Seems like I'm being picky but it's not what they say you will get). The in-meal, table service was poor. At the end, I even had to send for my bill and only got it as I waited by the door. I begrudgingly paid and left very disappointed.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

We go to Montana's usually a couple of times a year. On Saturday December 16 at 4:15 our family party of 10 put in our orders and everything started to go downhill from there. My daughter and I ordered the same 7 ounce sirloin with two skewers of shrimp. Although the restaurant was not overly busy at the time, the wait was endless. When the meal finally arrived the majority of the table had no utensils and although we had asked for water the water had not arrived. Our waiter was not the person who brought the meal which I believe is procedure at Montana's. Each waiter that brought us our food brought two meals or sometimes four. To each waitress that came, I mentioned that most of us had no utensils, no water and no ketchup. One of the members of our party went to an empty table and took ketchup from there. Most of us sat there for several minutes waiting for utensils. When my daughter received her meal she had no shrimp and told our original waiter that, when he finally brought our utensils. He said he would find out what went wrong. When I received my meal there were no skewers of shrimp but 5 small popcorn shrimp piled on the side of the plate. I mentioned this to one of the other servers and she stated that the chef just pulled them of the skewers. There were no marks on the shrimp to indicate they were ever on a skewer. My daughter never received any shrimp on her meal. 6 out of the 10 meals were cold. My wife mentioned most of the meals were cold to our waiter and he stated that we were the only table that had a complaint. He came back and said the manager said he would give $5.00 off of each person who had shrimp. What that had to do with our cold meals we will never know. The meal took 2 hours from the time we ordered to the time we exited the restaurant. All in all it was a very poor experience from Montana's in Red Deer.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

All too often restaurants put a young, in-experienced person into one of the most critical roles. That’s what Montana’s has done and people are sitting at the door waiting while at least 7 empty tables that I counted sat empty for 15 minutes +
Thankfully we took the initiative and grabbed one of those tables. Our waitress was great, and the food was what we expected. What would have been four stars was dropped to three because of poor management and lack of supervision.