See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Extremely rude front desk lady on Sunday jul 30/17. Was charged $25 for a hand towel that was used to wipe up Fanta pop because she said it was hair dye(even though my hair is dark brown and the colour on the towel was pinkish/purple) after a long rude conversation from the lady I said "fine I'll take the towel home, wash it myself and when it comes clean I'll bring it back and you can refund my $25) which she than takes pictures of it and than kind of throws the towel across the counter and says "ya why don't you do that!" I was so upset, I'm 37weeks pregnant and it was my birthday(which I said thanks for the wonderful start of my birthday) anyways after I calmed down from being treated so extremely rude I decided whatever and didn't bother wasting the remaining of my birthday in red deer at a laundry mat just to prove a point. So Tuesday August 1st, I threw the towel into the washer with other towels on hot water with 1 cup of laundry soap and what do you know, it comes completely clean! Even after sitting for two days. So I call back asking to speak to the manager, a lady answers saying she is not in, so than I ask if this was the lady working on Sunday (because if it was I wouldn't have continued the conversation) she replies no. So I can on to explain the situation about the towel and what happened and all of a sudden she replies "it was hair dye I was the one who looked at it, how do i know it's even the same towel?! You paid for it and took it home, if it came clean than I recommend using it"

Than all of sudden she said she's the owner of the travel lodge, and there's no one above her to speak to, which she failed to mention any of the other times I asked to talk to her manager.
I'm just completely blown away, I thought when I called today I would have gotten an apology like any person in a customer service field would do. But instead I'm told to use the towel if it's clean?! That was not even the agreement when I took it home to wash it myself.
My choice of hotels is always travelodge when I travel but I would never recommend anyone to stay here. I have never met someone so rude in my life, and to be the face you see first thing in the morning when leaving was the worse experience ever. I hope the real manager and owner has a talk with her about her lack customer service skills.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bmyette
Beena A, Manager at Travelodge Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Lobby was the only place to get internet service.Staff did not seem to know internet password,one staff member gave me one code and another gave a different code.Very hard bed and very small bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arnoldda

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

4 kids between 1 and 12 my wife and myself kept busy with a bunch of fun without driving around much at all from sunny brook to the rotary park and even heritage ranch I almost found myself looking for a job so I could stay

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank freedumb1977
Guestmanager T, Owner at Travelodge Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you please come again and we will make sure your stay is perfect just as last time and say hello to your kids

Reviewed 16 June 2017

My stay was absolutely amazing! The Manager and Staff treated me as an important individual who mattered, not just a room number. They were very helpful to answer any questions I had. Clean, comfortable, quiet rooms. Breakfast is provided (although I would have liked some bacon LOL). The location is convenient to amenities and on a bus route. I recommend this hotel to anyone travelling or living in Red Deer. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Janice L
Guestmanager T, Owner at Travelodge Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you very much. We are here to help you always. Please come again and we would love to give you the same service in the future.