Ways to Experience Maligne Canyon
from USD 49.63
4,058 results
All reviews tea house sixth bridge the river great hike ice cleats parking lot frozen waterfalls lovely walk easy hike medicine lake rushing water ice walk gift shop car park short walk sundog tours beautiful scenery
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have now done this hike twice. Once in the spring when the water was high and running strong and just recently in the winter when I was able to walk along the ice. Both experiences were awesome in their own way.
I looked into doing the ice walk with a group with spikes but ended up doing it on my own. I had good quality hiking boots and never had any problems, slippery at times but I just took my time. I am glad I did it on my own and saved the money for other experiences.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great place for hike. We had a sunny day in early April packed snow on the trail with very few icy patches.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Pick up and deliver from hotel to site and return. Group was youthful and elderly - guide Brodie made the tour correctly paced - safety was foremost - stops were made for photo shots, nature talks / trivia and rest breaks. Will recommend spot to others for the views and nature break!

1  Thank Murray M
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

What a great time to visit the canyon, part ice, part flowing river and waterfall. It was a great walk once we all had crampons. We walked all 6 bridges and went down to the ice for a full experience.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

What can I say--one frozen waterfall after another with bridges overlooking the best of the waterfalls. If you get lucky, you can watch people climbing the frozen waterfalls up close, which is a real treat! Go, you will not be disappointed!