All reviews beds were comfortable pool and hot tub hotel room pleasant stay separate bedroom full kitchen coffee maker jasper national park wicked edmonton mountains queen fireplace
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Service was great, A/C worked, room was clean, but did need a little bit of fix-up.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Thinking that it was peak holiday season and knowing Jasper has not got the number of hotels, B&B's etc as Banff I booked this a couple of months before my trip.

The hotel was adequate and the staff very pleasant and helpful but generally it's appearance was a little tired looking and the walls were quite thin.

When I arrived in town there were still vacancies at a number of B&B's and I think if I travelled to the area again I would go for that option instead.

I appreciate that in peak holiday time tourists will pay more but I wonder whether there was better value for money out there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We booked this motel through Expedia and selected it because it was the lowest price we could find in Jasper. At over $CAN 200 per night, it did not measure up to what we expected. There is no hotel lobby so if it pouring rain the only option is to hang out in your room which had two (uncomfortable) chairs and poor reading lights. It seemed clean enough, but furnishings were a little shabby. Whoever cleaned our room on the second day put uncovered drinking glasses upside down on the bathroom counter, yuch!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed in Jasper a couple of nights, (only planning on one) but due to mud slides blocking the roadways out of town going north, we ended up staying another night. I was disappointed in the overall hotels & motels in the area. For a tourist town, they need to do some rebuilding. The second night was in the Maligne Lodge because we could not get into the hotel we stayed in the night before because with the roads blocked there was no place for the travelers to go. So we ended up here and found the rooms small but very clean, the bathroom was spaciest and the towels big and soft.The staff was nice and very helpful on keeping us up to date on the roadways.I would stay here again with no problems.

Room Tip: always stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank teddy2631
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We arrived in Jasper early evening in July and decided to stay on a whim. We stayed at the Maligne Lodge and were pleasantly surprised and pleased with our room. We got a room with kitchen facilities, which we didn't need - but we were glad to get any room at all. Showing up to Jasper with no reservations in the summer is not a good idea.
We found the hotel to be well located, quiet, and very comfortable and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family