4,788 results
All reviews golf course emerald lounge orso lac beauvert moose's nook outdoor pool main building junior suite lake view beautiful property horseback riding canadian rockies jpl scenery elk lakeview wildlife
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Lodge is over rated and over priced for what was provided. Only stayed since it was close to Marmot ski resort. Next time I'll stay in Hinton. Lodge set up is rather inconvenient. Food prices are extreme, $30 for individual breakfast is ridiculous.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
2  Thank muted2018
FairmontJPL, General Manager at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear muted2018,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am disappointed to read that we were unable to meet your expectations, and for that I would like to sincerely apologize. I do appreciate your comments and hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future to improve upon this experience.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Excellent hotel. Gorgeous grounds. Great immediate access to hiking trails. Beautiful views. comfortable beds/rooms. Balconies are worth it. I would recommend this hotel. We did not eat at hotel as we went in to walk about the town but it seems unnecessarily overpriced

Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Dear Tammy O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is so great to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, from the gorgeous grounds, beautiful views, comfortable guestrooms to the various hiking trails that we have surrounding our property! I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough have a lodge with a lake view. The rooms and facilities are spacious and clean.
Slight walk to the restaurant and pool but that doesn’t matter when you are surrounded by great views.
The outside heated pool and hot tub are great.
Breakfast was in such ample portions we have been skipping lunch.
The staff are friendly and great recommending places to visit.

Dear Becky C,

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I am thrilled to read that you truly had an excellent experience with us really taking in the beautiful views as well as taking advantage of the outdoor pool and hot tub! I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Thanks to the JPL for another great few days of skiing and pampered service.

My wife and I love the lounge - its million dollar views, roaring fireplaces and very cordial staff. We always enjoy chatting with staff from every corner of the globe. They are outgoing,friendly and very professional.

The only issue I have with the hotel is the food selection in both the long and the formal restaurant.

The Fairmont properties are expensive and my expectation is that for$29.00 a hamburger better be among the best I have ever had.... and the fries should be handcut and fresh. The charcuterie at $27.00 should be among the best I can get not below average. The dining room menu offers a very standard selection ... in many respects a menu I have seen in high end restaurants in major cities 30 years ago. Most successful private entrepreneurs in major Canadian urban cities do a far better job than the Fairmont Jasper at recognizing the evolving sophistication of their diners. Higher end restaurants like those in major expensive hotels have an opportunity to set trends and offer the best in both value and creativity. They benefit from an added revenue stream that supports talented staff and clearly the JPL has talented staff in their kitchen.

One final comment ... wines by the glass ... please improve both your selection and price point. Offer 6 and 9 ounce pours and change the wines monthly or at least seasonally. An very ordinary Cab at $24 and a 5 ounce pour is ridiculous. I can source a better Malbec with my eyes closed at a corner liquor vendor.

Jasper Park Lodge chefs and lounge managers - we expect better! You have a most extraordinary hotel and magnificent mountain setting....embrace the challenge!

2  Thank Ian B

Dear Ian B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations with us. It is so great to read your kind words regarding our wonderful staff in our Emerald Lounge - I will pass your comments on to our team. Please know that I appreciate all of your feedback, both positive and constructive as this is what helps us grow as a luxury hotel. We will be discussing your comments in future Executive meetings. I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The Jasper Park Lodge has a definite rustic charm that only 90 plus years of existence can provide. We booked a junior suite with fireplace and it was perfect for our needs. comfortable and roomy with added bonus of a crackling fire which we had going most of the time. The housekeeping was a little inconsistent... bottled water some days, creamers in the fridge some days, turn down service some days but cleanliness was consistent (thankfully). Had numerous deer and elk siting's with no issues...

Room Tip: Lakeview if you can handle the extra cost, otherwise you end up looking straight across at other cabins
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sparkin07

Dear Sparkin07,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments. I am thrilled to read that you had an excellent experience in one of our Junior Suites with a fireplace, there is something about a the crackling fire that is so calming and relaxing! However I am disappointed to read of the issues mentioned above and would like to sincerely apologize. I will pass your comments on to our Housekeeping department to review with their team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.