Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Brooke S

Terrible

Review of Astoria Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Oct 2023
Substandard hotel. More like a hostel.
Towels were old and thin, shower temperature jumped from freezing to scorching in an instant and back again.
Bathroom sink was beside the bed.

No cream/milk provided for tea/coffee facility.

I would only stay in this establishment again if it was the only thing available for 100klm. -1⭐️
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$675
    AU$563
0.9 km from Astoria Hotel
Free parking
bedroom - kinda odd placement of lamp but works for reading in bed
AU$500
  • ZenHotels.com
    AU$434
1.2 km from Astoria Hotel
View more hotels in Jasper
All reviews convenient location bed was comfortable visiting jasper papa mountains skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2023

Hi I would rate this hotel higher if I could have stayed there my train from Prince Rupert to Jasper was cancelled due to forest fires I Notified the hotel was told I didn’t give them 48 hours notice so I was only getting a $10 refund on a $730 booking have tried on a number of occasions to get a refund with no joy tread your own path Richard

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Richard Z
Reviewed 25 September 2023

Nice hotel with incredible staff! We had a minor health emergency and the staff went above and beyond to help us. Truly grateful to them!
Through my own devices, we stayed in two different rooms. Both were perfectly clean and the linens and bed were comfortable. The mountain view king did have a view, AC and a fine size bathroom. Here's where the staff were so good to us. The hotel was sold out and had many rooms to turn. They had our room ready and luggage moved before check in, so when we finished at the hospital, we could rest immediately. This room was smaller, especially the bathroom but was clean and comfortable.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 25 August 2023

The hotel owner, management and staff do not care much about customer service. Do not expect them to do anything to keep customers happy. They appear to be taking advantage of their convenient location and that Jasper hotels fill up quickly, leaving people with no choice. Essentially, no matter what, they will be able to fill up all rooms without having to make much of an effort.

Our reservation was for a 3-night stay. The first night stay wasn't comfortable because the nightstands are quite high and you can hit them with your hand/head when you turn over while sleeping, waking you up. The showers are TINY. The room didn't have a closet, it just had a rack or stand. Despite these things, we decided to live with it and continue staying for the next 2 nights.

Next day we went sightseeing, returned to the hotel around 5PM and discovered the bed wasn't made up properly - the cleaning staff simply covered the bed with the comforter/duvet, and didn't tidy up or do anything with the bedsheets. The floor wasn't swept either. We reported it to the Front Desk who responded with, "Did you ask for your room to be cleaned? We don't automatically clean because guests don't want cleaning staff to enter the room when they are not there."

I pointed out that the cleaning staff DID enter the room and did a little bit of cleaning. Front Desk then said they will send the cleaning staff to clean the room properly.

We expressed our dissatisfaction with the room and their service, and asked whether we could get a better room. Front Desk said, "No, all rooms are the same and there are no other rooms." We then informed the Front Desk that we'll check out the following morning, will not stay the 3rd night and they responded with, "Okay.".

The next morning, during check-out, the Front Desk informed us that they will charge us for the 3rd night even though we weren't going to be staying, "because we do not give refunds if you leave early". It turns out that 48 hours notice must be given to get a refund. We explained that it wasn't possible for us to provide 48 hours notice. They refused to budge and refused to give us any kind of refund.

We were not going to stay another night, decided to cut short our stay in Jasper, and lost CAD 330. I wish I had read all the reviews on Tripadvisor before making the reservation ...... and in future will ensure I fully understand the full implications of the cancellation policy.

Cancellation policy:
Cancellation's received less than 48 hrs before arrival will be charged 1 night's stay. No shows will be charged for first night + tax and the rest of the reservation will be cancelled.

I stayed 2 nights, never had any intention to cancel, wasn't a no show and thought a short stay would not be an issue. Live & Learn, I guess.

I will never go back to this hotel again and will never recommend it to anyone. Negative reviews make no difference to the owner and management of this hotel, but at least people will be aware and choose to live elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2023
Reviewed 22 July 2023 via mobile

Couple things to start - they honored a prepayment I made for summer 2020 - kudos to them. Look I don’t really understand the negative reviews - I think folks had whack expectations- this is place is exactly what you might imagine they don’t claim to be a five star hotel. We were in 102 - and I will warn the bathroom is very small - very - though it does have a full tub and shower
The room had some updates (new laminate floors) and the bed was comfy- I didn’t find the train noise loud or disturbing at all
They have added AC — which we did not need but I am sure is appreciated - we would have preferred being able to open the window to get some fresh air
The staff was super friendly and helpful oh and there IS an on-site laundry - we didn’t see that in any of the info and was a super helpful surprise
They provided emails the few days before arrival and each day we were there with helpful info
We went to both the pub and restaurant and both were good and convenient

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2023

The worst experience I have ever had on a holiday, checked in yesterday 10th July to a broken sink, reported straight away told no maintenance until tomorrow, got up the next morning to broken shower bursting all over, went to reception requested room change, told no by the inexperienced receptionist, asked for manager told no to that, told maintenance man start's at 9am, wrapped towels round shower head so we could shower, went out to come back to make shift shower repair and no sink repair, totally diabolic, never again this is the pits over $1000 for 3 nights, the TV doesn't even work!!! You have to some how connect it to your phone???? No idea how this works so we sat in silence reading at night.

Room tip: The worst experience I have ever had on a holiday, checked in yesterday 10th July to a broken sink, reported straight away told no maintenan
Date of stay: July 2023