Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
deebk
Kent, Washington

Good base for us in Jasper

Review of Astoria Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 July 2023via mobile
Couple things to start - they honored a prepayment I made for summer 2020 - kudos to them. Look I don’t really understand the negative reviews - I think folks had whack expectations- this is place is exactly what you might imagine they don’t claim to be a five star hotel. We were in 102 - and I will warn the bathroom is very small - very - though it does have a full tub and shower
The room had some updates (new laminate floors) and the bed was comfy- I didn’t find the train noise loud or disturbing at all
They have added AC — which we did not need but I am sure is appreciated - we would have preferred being able to open the window to get some fresh air
The staff was super friendly and helpful oh and there IS an on-site laundry - we didn’t see that in any of the info and was a super helpful surprise
They provided emails the few days before arrival and each day we were there with helpful info
We went to both the pub and restaurant and both were good and convenient
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AU$412
Fully refundable
    AU$464
1.1 km from Astoria Hotel
Free parking
bedroom - kinda odd placement of lamp but works for reading in bed
AU$666
    AU$410
  • Priceline
3.7 km from Astoria Hotel
View more hotels in Jasper
All reviews convenient location bed was comfortable visiting jasper papa mountains skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2023

The worst experience I have ever had on a holiday, checked in yesterday 10th July to a broken sink, reported straight away told no maintenance until tomorrow, got up the next morning to broken shower bursting all over, went to reception requested room change, told no by the inexperienced receptionist, asked for manager told no to that, told maintenance man start's at 9am, wrapped towels round shower head so we could shower, went out to come back to make shift shower repair and no sink repair, totally diabolic, never again this is the pits over $1000 for 3 nights, the TV doesn't even work!!! You have to some how connect it to your phone???? No idea how this works so we sat in silence reading at night.

Room tip: The worst experience I have ever had on a holiday, checked in yesterday 10th July to a broken sink, reported straight away told no maintenan
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2023

An old character establishment. Just the sort of place I usually like but we made to wait until 4pm for check in. Not appreciated when we arrived at 11am tired after a long trip. We were also told our second night was not paid for which was not true. Also told $200 would be charged to our credit card, against damages. Someone was painting the stairway wall and had tools on the guest chairs. So, all in all not a very good start. The room was clean but modest. On the plus side this hotel does have a generator and its own restaurant and bar, and as there was a concern that the whole town might lose power (due to nearby wild fires) this was great. Restaurant staff and food was fine.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2023

Love the Astoria Hotel!!! It's my "go to" place when I visit Jasper. Comfortable rooms, restaurants next door, one of the best bars in town right downstairs and everyone there makes you feel right at home. I'll be back!!

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2023

Stayed for two weeks at the Astoria while working at Marmot Basin, teaching skiing to a great group of visitors from the UK. Hotel was very comfortable with shuttle bus service to and from the Marmot Basin area. Very convenient location, close to shops and a restaraunt, Papa Geoges, located on the main floor. The Ded Dog Bar also located on the main floor and I ate every evening meal there. The menu was very good with a wide range of options. My favourites were Sheppards Pie, Tatonka Burger, Bison Chili, Pub Burger, but had many more choices and I had too many to mention. Enjoyed them all. Great pub food there! I highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Book Early
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2023

My son and I recently travelled to Jasper to visit the Mountains and the Astoria Hotel provided the most elegant stay! The view out our bedroom window was that of the majestic Rocky Mountains!
I was surprised to also see a train as I did not hear one through the night (we arrived in the dark).
The bed was extremely luxurious and comfortable and our room was so clean! Big thank you also to Love and Santina for your amazing customer service! We can’t wait to return!

Room tip: Eat breakfast in Papa Georges and lunch in the De’d Dog Bar and Grill!! Most wonderful vacation ❤️ Thank you Astoria Hotel!
Date of stay: March 2023