Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Griz22
Edmonton, Canada

Great Location.

Review of Astoria Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Apr 2023
Stayed for two weeks at the Astoria while working at Marmot Basin, teaching skiing to a great group of visitors from the UK. Hotel was very comfortable with shuttle bus service to and from the Marmot Basin area. Very convenient location, close to shops and a restaraunt, Papa Geoges, located on the main floor. The Ded Dog Bar also located on the main floor and I ate every evening meal there. The menu was very good with a wide range of options. My favourites were Sheppards Pie, Tatonka Burger, Bison Chili, Pub Burger, but had many more choices and I had too many to mention. Enjoyed them all. Great pub food there! I highly recommend this hotel.
Date of stay: March 2023
Room Tip: Book Early
Trip type: Travelled solo
  • Official Site
    AU$463
0.9 km from Astoria Hotel
Free parking
bedroom - kinda odd placement of lamp but works for reading in bed
AU$444
    AU$446
  • Priceline
0.9 km from Astoria Hotel
View more hotels in Jasper
All reviews convenient location bed was comfortable visiting jasper papa mountains skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2023

My son and I recently travelled to Jasper to visit the Mountains and the Astoria Hotel provided the most elegant stay! The view out our bedroom window was that of the majestic Rocky Mountains!
I was surprised to also see a train as I did not hear one through the night (we arrived in the dark).
The bed was extremely luxurious and comfortable and our room was so clean! Big thank you also to Love and Santina for your amazing customer service! We can’t wait to return!

Room tip: Eat breakfast in Papa Georges and lunch in the De’d Dog Bar and Grill!! Most wonderful vacation ❤️ Thank you Astoria Hotel!
Reviewed 25 March 2023

Clean, friendly, affordable, great location. I have been visiting this hotel for a number of years (10+) when visiting Jasper especially during the ski season. Personable staff.
The pub is especially welcoming. Very comfortable, good food, reasonable prices and friendly staff. Marmot Basin is a great ski destination and the Astoria makes that even better.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2022 via mobile

A lot of old fashioned grandeur with this beautiful old hotel building,with a lot of character,main desk young man was very helpful and accommodating to our request .Would definitely stay again ,and us a great location to meet the railway

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2022 via mobile

Extremely dated hotel could do with a complete refit. Someone complained about their room and the reply was we are teying to leep it authentic 😂. It was clean and all bar one staff very friendly. No lift so difficult for elderly. Easy access to town. Very good breakfast place attached with friendly staff and great food.

Room tip: Only book if you are agile and don’t mind outdated small rooms
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2022

I'm happy to hear the history of the Astoria hotel and I appreciate that its kept within the family/local. First off: The staff were professional, it was clean, and its in a great location with free lot parking across the road. However, please meet guests halfway especially for the price of peak season. The carpets and beds are in need of replacement. There is no elevator so luggage needs to be carried up one flight of stairs.The scent (possibly from smoking back in the day) gave me a headache. The bathrooms need revamping my boyfriend barely fit under the shower head while crouching down. I believe this hotel could be great with some improvements!! The location, customer service, parking and cleanliness is already there! I hate leaving reviews like this, but I bet you guys could be a top hitting hotel if you just made some improvements. Leaving things like the traditional phone, check in booth etc. can still keep the history of the hotel alive.

Room tip: Request a room facing mountain/road
Date of stay: August 2022