Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lauren C
Ontario, Canada

Support Local but needs updates!!

Review of Astoria Hotel
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Aug 2022
I'm happy to hear the history of the Astoria hotel and I appreciate that its kept within the family/local. First off: The staff were professional, it was clean, and its in a great location with free lot parking across the road. However, please meet guests halfway especially for the price of peak season. The carpets and beds are in need of replacement. There is no elevator so luggage needs to be carried up one flight of stairs.The scent (possibly from smoking back in the day) gave me a headache. The bathrooms need revamping my boyfriend barely fit under the shower head while crouching down. I believe this hotel could be great with some improvements!! The location, customer service, parking and cleanliness is already there! I hate leaving reviews like this, but I bet you guys could be a top hitting hotel if you just made some improvements. Leaving things like the traditional phone, check in booth etc. can still keep the history of the hotel alive.
Date of stay: August 2022
Room Tip: Request a room facing mountain/road
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$345
    AU$436
0.9 km from Astoria Hotel
Free parking
bedroom - kinda odd placement of lamp but works for reading in bed
Fully refundable
    AU$358
    AU$358
3.7 km from Astoria Hotel
View more hotels in Jasper
All reviews convenient location bed was comfortable visiting jasper papa mountains skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2022 via mobile

Lovely location with an amazing view from the front of the hotel (and assuming from the rooms on that side), however we had a fairly small room that sadly looked out into a loading yard. This was pretty noisy when there were trucks there, which was not uncommon. Free parking in the municipal lot across the road, though apparently this might be changing. The linked restaurant and bar were both excellent, we had breakfast in the former and dinner/drinks in the latter one evening (daily happy hours are great!)

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 27 March 2022 via mobile

I’ve stayed at this hotel before & the king sized room was gorgeous, this time we had no bath just a shower that kept changing temperature, the room was quite small with a sink in the room, wasn’t cleaned very well. Needs to be noted without bath.

Room tip: I emailed through Expedia (where I booked) to get certain things I needed/ wanted with the room, they did not receive it. Always call hotel
Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 12 March 2022

I travel Canada for work every week somewhere different in various location across the country and hands down worst hotel I've ever stayed at to the point where I left my stay to travel 4 hours in middle of night home after already driving 10 hours and for the price I expected a nice bed nice shower and something to eat but shower would fluctuate from nice Bearable hot to scolding i don't not like bars so when I found the restaurant did Not have a dinner menu I settle for fast food the beds wore out and small as if I was staying in hostel in a foreign country free parking is across main strip which is usually busy so have fun staying in this horrible hotel in one of the most beautiful places in Canada

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Devinsapp
Reviewed 15 February 2022 via mobile

The hotel is authentic with all the character of a 100 yr hotel but with modern conveniences. We had an amazing view of the mountains. It's right downtown so we could walk everywhere easily. The price is affordable with free parking. The bed was comfortable with a large TV and all the latest streaming apps. The bathroom is small but the shower had lots of pressure and hotwater. We enjoyed our stay there and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 4 February 2022

I’m happy with my choice to stay here. Location is perfect, right in the middle of the commercial strip in jasper. The room was clean, with lots of channels on the tv. Steph at the ded dog bar downstairs did a great job serving up some food and drink. The room isn’t very big, so if you planned on staying in the room a whole bunch, that may not be ideal, but I was busy skiing and the price was right for the room considering what I was there for. I would recommend.

Date of stay: January 2022