Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Devin

Worst hotel in epic location

Review of Astoria Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Mar 2022
I travel Canada for work every week somewhere different in various location across the country and hands down worst hotel I've ever stayed at to the point where I left my stay to travel 4 hours in middle of night home after already driving 10 hours and for the price I expected a nice bed nice shower and something to eat but shower would fluctuate from nice Bearable hot to scolding i don't not like bars so when I found the restaurant did Not have a dinner menu I settle for fast food the beds wore out and small as if I was staying in hostel in a foreign country free parking is across main strip which is usually busy so have fun staying in this horrible hotel in one of the most beautiful places in Canada
Date of stay: March 2022
AU$725
    AU$725
1.2 km from Astoria Hotel
Free parking
bedroom - kinda odd placement of lamp but works for reading in bed
AU$469
    AU$410
  • eDreams
3.7 km from Astoria Hotel
View more hotels in Jasper
All reviews convenient location bed was comfortable visiting jasper papa mountains skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2022 via mobile

The hotel is authentic with all the character of a 100 yr hotel but with modern conveniences. We had an amazing view of the mountains. It's right downtown so we could walk everywhere easily. The price is affordable with free parking. The bed was comfortable with a large TV and all the latest streaming apps. The bathroom is small but the shower had lots of pressure and hotwater. We enjoyed our stay there and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2022

I’m happy with my choice to stay here. Location is perfect, right in the middle of the commercial strip in jasper. The room was clean, with lots of channels on the tv. Steph at the ded dog bar downstairs did a great job serving up some food and drink. The room isn’t very big, so if you planned on staying in the room a whole bunch, that may not be ideal, but I was busy skiing and the price was right for the room considering what I was there for. I would recommend.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2021

The building is old so I didn't expect luxury, but I can't imagine how the experience could have been worse. I could have gotten past the fact that the washroom appeared clean but smelled like an outhouse, or that the curtains weren't as wide as the window, but many of the rooms in this dump are above a very loud bar. Not a hotel bar where people pop in for a drink, but a loud bar where obnoxious music plays at high volume until closing time while intoxicated patrons yell at each other. There was also such a strong odour of fried food entering my room that I had to find a laundry mat the next day to wash the smell out of my luggage.

Room tip: Above a very noisy bar, run down, dirty, stinky
Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank shakeerd2021
Reviewed 5 September 2021

This place was fine, however, both my husband and I felt it was over priced for what you got. It was border line for comfort. It was definitely clean but the bed was uncomfortable. Would I stay there again? Probably not as I think we could have got better value for money. Apart from that it definitely suited the purpose. Bad thing was they had no elevator so had to carry two huge bags to our room. Not good.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 4 August 2021

As expected, Astoria Hotel was a quaint, cute, older hotel. The pizza restaurant outside was super busy so must have had great food. The next short block up was a great little grocery store. The room itself was typical for an older hotel. The bathroom was super tiny though with a shower you could barely turn around in and then one step out you would land on the toilet. The room had 2 skinny desks and a small area to store our luggage. The room also had a fridge and coffee maker and a small fan. What we didn't realize is that the fan was in there because the air conditioner didn't work. It blew out slightly cool air so we all slept HORRIBLY!

Room tip: If your room has a small oscillating fan, CHANGE IT!
Date of stay: July 2021