“Very nice for lunch!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: USD 10 - USD 29
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Olivers is an upscale fun and upbeat lobster shack with a varied menu with specials everyday. You can eat inside or outside. Breath taking views of Cozy Harbor. You are able to dock your boat as well. Serving food seven days a week. See you there. Closing for the season September 11th.
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stopped here after a visit to Boothbay Harbor and the Maine Aquarium. It is a bit out of the way, but well worth the drive. We were able to sit out on a deck overlooking the adjacent cove on a lovely summer day, which was a big part of the draw for us. I had a delicious garden salad with chicken, full of fresh produce, and my spouse had crab cakes that she said were among the best she has had. Service was very good. All in all, quite enjoyable.
I gave it 4 stars only because we had only one visit, and the parking lot was unpleasantly muddy.

Paul C, Owner at Oliver's at Cozy Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Very Nice,
Glad to hear that lunch was very good!! The driveway is owned by the town however.
Thanks

There are newer reviews for Oliver's at Cozy Harbor

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This was our first visit to Olivers. We discovered it in the local paper and decided to try it. There are only a few tables downstairs and they were all filled when we arrived. It was raining and cool so the deck was not an option. There are several tables on the second floor also. We decided to sit on the upper deck area which was open in the front but had a roof over it. The view was beautiful even with the rain. Our server was a young man, very friendly and very accommodating. Two of us had the greek scallop dish which was excellent. The others had the salmon special and the cheeseburger which they also enjoyed very much. We would highly recommend Olivers to anyone and we did while we were in Maine .

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I go to Oliver's frequently; diverse menu, eat inside or out, and overlooking Cosy Harbor. So relaxing.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I check out menus of places before I visit and I came to Oliver's for the hot lobster roll, and it sure didn't disappoint. Instead of just a regular roll, they use a section of soft Italian bread that they cut out of the loaf. Then they slice that big piece of bread almost in half in the middle, butter and grilled up the outside, leaving the inside soft and fluffy. Then they heat up the lobster in hot butter and ladle it all into the toasted bread and OMG! It was to die for, it was exactly the way I dreamed of eating a lobster roll before my visit. The soft interior soaks up all the juices and the outside gives a hot buttery crunch. No other lobster roll I ate (and I ate many!), even came close. The martini was perfect and the oysters were pricy, but the best I have ever had (and I don't say that lightly!) Take the drive over from the hustle and bustle of Boothbay Harbor and enjoy the view and the food of Oliver's, wow to all.

1  Thank 333meg
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We rolled into Oliver's on a rainy Thursday afternoon and sat at the bar totally entertained by chef Michael and his crackerjack crew. The Glidden Point Oysters arrived a little later and chef Michael whipped us up a bunch with his famous Ginger Shallot Mignonette. Kathy enjoyed the super fresh and delicious crab cakes, while I was dazzled by chef's special lobster bomb sandwich with a spicy jalapeno kick. We want to return to Maine just to eat at Oliver's, don't miss it!!!

3  Thank _ktpmccabe62
Paul C, Owner at Oliver's at Cozy Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Lobster Bomb,
Glad you got to enjoy the chef and his crew up close and personal. They are very talented and do the very best creative work with lobster and fresh fish!!!
Come again soon