Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michael D
Vancouver Island, Canada

2 nites and a BBQ

Review of Tekarra Lodge
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Oct 2023
It is RUSTIC and simple no TV in our case and Limited WIFI and that suits me. We ordered the bbq for our first nite with is SELF done. The BBQ is prepared for you with instructions. for us it was 20 mins potatoes on side then 20 minutes veggies on side the meat as you like at end. Highly recommend if you are NOT in a hurry.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
ATL Guest, General Manager at Tekarra Lodge, responded to this review
Responded 4 Oct 2023
Thank you for leaving a lovely review. We are happy that you were able to take advantage of the BBQ package and cook at your cabin. We are in a beautiful location and it's to slow down enjoy the area. We hope to see you again for future visits.
AU$412
2.6 km from Tekarra Lodge
Get rewarded with One Key
    AU$375
Free parking
bedroom - kinda odd placement of lamp but works for reading in bed
AU$469
38.8 km from Tekarra Lodge
Pool
View more hotels in Jasper National Park
1,159 results
All reviews s mores the river adirondack chairs overlooking close to town breakfast was included fire pit small cabin hiking trails on site beautiful location jasper town beds were comfortable these cabins lodge fireplace smores athabasca
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2023 via mobile

This was a first for us as we normally stay in a hotel/motel downtown but The Tekarra Lodge gave us a whole new perspective of Jasper. On arrival we noticed the elk wandering on the property so it set the mood.

Check in was easy and the receptionist made us feel very welcome. We were lucky enough to get one of the new units (#46) which was very comfortable for four adults and had all the facilities that we needed.

Special thanks to the whole team who made us feel so welcome including s’mores nights.

We made use of the laundry and the bikes for hire. One should note as there is nature about you do need to take care especially when the boy elk are excited.

Although the instructions for the open fire are quite clear and we followed them to the letter we did get a smoke blowback on the first night but not on subsequent nights.

Overall we had a great stay and would recommend to anyone who wants to be close to town but also in nature.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
ATL Guest, General Manager at Tekarra Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2023

Thank you for leaving a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you had a great stay with us and would recommend the property. We hope that the rest of your travels were just as good. Take care and maybe we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2023 via mobile

We stayed in a Columbia King Cabin. The bed was comfortable and cabin clean. We booked this lodge because we wanted the peace and quite. It was both of those things until the neighbors arrived. You can literally hear every word being said through the walls. My husband and I are average size people I believe. He is 6 ft tall and I'm 5'7. My husband could barely fit into the shower. I fit but I couldn't turn or move once inside. The cabin also had that very old musty smell but that can be comforting to some. We did go on a walk around one of the trails and it was wonderful! We saw a ton of Elk and the view of the river was great. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location was also really convenient with a short 5 minute drive to town.

Room tip: I would avoid any cabins that share a wall with another cabin.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We appreciate you leaving a review KacieB06. We are sorry that you had a few issues that while you were here. We will pass along the comments to the maintenance team. We are glad that you could experience the wildlife and the team was helpful at the front desk. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Reviewed 1 October 2023 via mobile

I guess as an Australian I found this place very expensive and not up to the standard we would expect for the price.
It was certainly clean and comfortable. The bed was against the wall so you had to climb over your partner to get out, no phone, no tv and we ran out of tea bags.
They did come and move the bed out but that meant very little space to move around.
Shower was good and heating good.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for leaving a review Liz. We do advertise that the property has no tv's and/or no telephones. I'm sorry that you missed this when reserving your stay. If you needed more tea bags we would have been happy to bring you more. Did you ask the front desk for this items? I'm sorry that you feel we fell short during your stay. We know that you have many options to choose from when travelling. We hope that the remainder of your visit in Jasper and Canada was enjoyable.

Reviewed 29 September 2023

The primary appeal of the Lodge is its location, off the highway just outside Jasper, with good views of the area.. We stayed one of the Lodge rooms, so can't speak for the cabins. The room was tiny by current standards, although clearly recently refurbished, Just about enough space for the bed, tea/coffee facilities and a couple of bedside tables, with minimal storage. The bathroom was also compact. We were over the restaurant area and there was an intermittent hum audible, presumably from a piece of kitchen equipment.

Access was via steps and through a common area, being at the time used for community activities. This was awkward for getting luggage through.

To be fair, we were given a discount on mentioning these issues to management. Still, we feel that the cost was excessive given the facilities.

The laundromat worked well.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving an honest review of your stay with us. The painters that were using the hospitality room last week love when visitors walk past and view their art. No need to feel awkward however there are a set of stairs at the end of the hallway/building. I'm glad the front desk team listened to your comments and applied a discount. I know this doesn't change your experience but hope that you feel we took steps to correct the situation. Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 5 September 2023 via mobile

The trip started well with seeing a group of elk outside as we drove up. All the staff we encountered here were very friendly and helpful. Don’t miss the s’mores night and also the interpretive talk. Both are excellent. We didn’t have the chance to see any other entertainment while we were there. We didn’t walk in to jasper but it seemed close enough.
The lodge was smaller than expected, and I hadn’t realised the lodges actually join another lodge. I assumed from the pictures I saw that they were all separate.
I was woken very early one day by someone’s alarm going off next door. So I assume the walls are fairly thin. I have to admit we didn’t hear too much after that. Just the odd voice now and then.
I was told the beds were very comfy, I was on the sofa bed which was not comfy. It woke me up when I moved in the night due to squeaky springs.
The lodge had everything you needed. The soaps in the toilet were so nice we went and bought some from their shop in Banff! (Rocky Mountain soap company)
I enjoyed having a log fire going during the cool evenings. We were in a Columbia king cabin and it was smaller than I expected. However as a family of 4 we were quite used to the space by the time we left. We did have to live out of the suitcases though as there’s no wardrobes or drawers.
Having no tv was a bonus. The wifi was very good if you must get some screen time.
Plenty of parking available.

I’ll recommend Tekarra Lodge as it’s an authentic experience. Is it a 5* place? No. But then it’s not claiming to be.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
ATL Guest, General Manager at Tekarra Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2023

Dear Dibsy
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It was great to hear that you enjoyed at our fire pit.
Thank you also for your comments highlighting where we can do better. Your comments are very helpful in highlighting opportunities to improve our guest experience even further and your recommendations are being addressed internally.
We hope to welcome you back again soon!