Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kacie B
Lumberton, Texas

Wonderful stay but understand what you're getting.

Review of Tekarra Lodge
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Sept 2023via mobile
We stayed in a Columbia King Cabin. The bed was comfortable and cabin clean. We booked this lodge because we wanted the peace and quite. It was both of those things until the neighbors arrived. You can literally hear every word being said through the walls. My husband and I are average size people I believe. He is 6 ft tall and I'm 5'7. My husband could barely fit into the shower. I fit but I couldn't turn or move once inside. The cabin also had that very old musty smell but that can be comforting to some. We did go on a walk around one of the trails and it was wonderful! We saw a ton of Elk and the view of the river was great. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location was also really convenient with a short 5 minute drive to town.
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: I would avoid any cabins that share a wall with another cabin.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ATL Guest, General Manager at Tekarra Lodge, responded to this review
Responded 2 Oct 2023
We appreciate you leaving a review KacieB06. We are sorry that you had a few issues that while you were here. We will pass along the comments to the maintenance team. We are glad that you could experience the wildlife and the team was helpful at the front desk. Have a wonderful week ahead.
AU$399
  • Vio.com
3.3 km from Tekarra Lodge
View more hotels in Jasper National Park
1,153 results
All reviews s mores the river adirondack chairs overlooking close to town breakfast was included fire pit small cabin hiking trails on site beautiful location jasper town beds were comfortable these cabins lodge fireplace smores athabasca
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2023 via mobile

I guess as an Australian I found this place very expensive and not up to the standard we would expect for the price.
It was certainly clean and comfortable. The bed was against the wall so you had to climb over your partner to get out, no phone, no tv and we ran out of tea bags.
They did come and move the bed out but that meant very little space to move around.
Shower was good and heating good.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ATL Guest, General Manager at Tekarra Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2023

Thank you for leaving a review Liz. We do advertise that the property has no tv's and/or no telephones. I'm sorry that you missed this when reserving your stay. If you needed more tea bags we would have been happy to bring you more. Did you ask the front desk for this items? I'm sorry that you feel we fell short during your stay. We know that you have many options to choose from when travelling. We hope that the remainder of your visit in Jasper and Canada was enjoyable.

Reviewed 29 September 2023

The primary appeal of the Lodge is its location, off the highway just outside Jasper, with good views of the area.. We stayed one of the Lodge rooms, so can't speak for the cabins. The room was tiny by current standards, although clearly recently refurbished, Just about enough space for the bed, tea/coffee facilities and a couple of bedside tables, with minimal storage. The bathroom was also compact. We were over the restaurant area and there was an intermittent hum audible, presumably from a piece of kitchen equipment.

Access was via steps and through a common area, being at the time used for community activities. This was awkward for getting luggage through.

To be fair, we were given a discount on mentioning these issues to management. Still, we feel that the cost was excessive given the facilities.

The laundromat worked well.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving an honest review of your stay with us. The painters that were using the hospitality room last week love when visitors walk past and view their art. No need to feel awkward however there are a set of stairs at the end of the hallway/building. I'm glad the front desk team listened to your comments and applied a discount. I know this doesn't change your experience but hope that you feel we took steps to correct the situation. Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 5 September 2023 via mobile

The trip started well with seeing a group of elk outside as we drove up. All the staff we encountered here were very friendly and helpful. Don’t miss the s’mores night and also the interpretive talk. Both are excellent. We didn’t have the chance to see any other entertainment while we were there. We didn’t walk in to jasper but it seemed close enough.
The lodge was smaller than expected, and I hadn’t realised the lodges actually join another lodge. I assumed from the pictures I saw that they were all separate.
I was woken very early one day by someone’s alarm going off next door. So I assume the walls are fairly thin. I have to admit we didn’t hear too much after that. Just the odd voice now and then.
I was told the beds were very comfy, I was on the sofa bed which was not comfy. It woke me up when I moved in the night due to squeaky springs.
The lodge had everything you needed. The soaps in the toilet were so nice we went and bought some from their shop in Banff! (Rocky Mountain soap company)
I enjoyed having a log fire going during the cool evenings. We were in a Columbia king cabin and it was smaller than I expected. However as a family of 4 we were quite used to the space by the time we left. We did have to live out of the suitcases though as there’s no wardrobes or drawers.
Having no tv was a bonus. The wifi was very good if you must get some screen time.
Plenty of parking available.

I’ll recommend Tekarra Lodge as it’s an authentic experience. Is it a 5* place? No. But then it’s not claiming to be.

Trip type: Travelled with family
ATL Guest, General Manager at Tekarra Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2023

Dear Dibsy
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It was great to hear that you enjoyed at our fire pit.
Thank you also for your comments highlighting where we can do better. Your comments are very helpful in highlighting opportunities to improve our guest experience even further and your recommendations are being addressed internally.
We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2023

The location is perfect-overlooking the Athabasca river where it meets the Miette river. Not too far from Jasper town.
There are trails leading off from the property. We could park right in front of the lodge we stayed in. Bed and pillows were very comfortable, linen was fresh and clean, the heater worked just right. The property had self operated laundry facilities which we needed.
The space in the Miette Queen Cabin including the bathroom was much smaller than what we expected based on the pictures and the cost. Since we were just two, it was tolerable but for 4 it would definitely be a tight squeeze.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ATL Guest, General Manager at Tekarra Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2023

Thank you for taking the time to review, we will be sure to pass along the comments to our team.

Reviewed 21 August 2023

Tekarra Lodge is our favourite place to stay in the Rockies. We’ve stayed here many times and will return many more, I’m sure. We’ve also stayed in a variety of different cabin types on the property. We always cook in so it is important to us to have a kitchen. Some of the rooms have smaller kitchens and I still haven’t quite figured out from the website which types have only kitchenettes with cooktops and minifridges. My solution is to always book by phone to see what’s available and to plan accordingly - barbecue (briquettes, so old school but yummy) or stew/tacos if kitchenette with cooktop, or lasagna if full kitchen with big fridge and oven. Sometimes I find I’m in need of a kitchen accessory or extra utensils and the the Front desk can usually supply what I request.

To hit some of the highlights: The location here is great. Lovely view of the river. Handy to town and a number of trails. Comfortable beds. It got very chilly for a couple of nights this week so we were glad to have the fireplace. Yummy s’mores. Very friendly staff. Dog-friendly. Quiet. Frequented by elk, and this trip a grizzly also strolled through!

I am writing this review to thank the staff for giving us yet another amazing experience at the Lodge. This stay began with a small problem that needed fixing by the maintenance worker. Rather than have us be inconvenienced, the front desk offered to help move us to the only vacant room they had available, the Ruby Cabin, where we stayed our remaining three nights. This cabin was a significant upgrade from the Alberta Bachelor Cabin that is our usual go-to room We were quite prepared to move back to an AB when one came available as that was all we were paying for, but because no one else was booked into the Ruby, the staff (manager?) left us to enjoy it. What a treat for us! And what wonderful customer service! Thank you so much!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review Y66APkarend! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the lodge and have been here many times. The Miette Double and Miette Queen cabins only have kitchenettes with a the small bar fridge. All other cabins have full stove/ovens and apartment sized refrigerators. Thank you for your understanding during the rain storm and we apologize for the leak in the cabin. We were happy to upgrade you and glad to hear that you enjoyed the new unit. We hope to see you again next year!
Stephanie Sophocleous