“Sushi is ok but not as befor!”
Review of Soto

Soto
Ranked #10 of 201 Restaurants in Grande Prairie
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Sushi was ok but not like befor. not fresh. Our server was absolutely horribal.... she was so crazy and constantly talking....

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were greeted and seated immediately. We ordered the ginger beef to start. It came quick and was the best ginger beef we have ever ate. I ordered a bento box, everything was top quality. My husband ordered a spicy chicken plate (I cannot remember what it was called), it was a large serving (the photo on the menu made the serving size look smaller than it was). He said it was delicious.
Service was prompt and courteous.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Wow! We really enjoyed the fast attentative service plus the food was fresh flavourful and fabulous! The Sashimi was so yummy and the tempura light and very good as well. We recommend this clean modern establishment to anyone who loves a variety of Asian cuisine and mouth watering delights!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

When this opened in Grande Prairie it was my favorite restaurant, it is beautiful inside, comfortable, and even though it was more expensive than other sushi restaurants the portions were big and the taste was fresh. Right from the start the service was spotty at best, and it is due to bad training because it never changes, but being in Grande Prairie for so many years i have almost become numb to bad service. Mostly they are weird when it comes to bringing you the bill, they bring it and shove the debit machine in your face as if to say "pay and leave now" Now I know this happens more and more frequently in the age of people being in a hurry and we as people using debit and credit cards instead of cash, but this place is the worst, I guess it was because one time they server came and read the amount "That will be $54.12, how would you like to pay." I laughed, I was treating someone to a meal, it was a bit awkward, if I am treating someone, I want them to enjoy the meal and not think about the price or money, it is a secret thing, not a big secret, most people are cognizant of the prices on the menu, I get that. But don't stand there and say "that will be $54, here is the machine..." Hmmmm that doesn't make me feel like I am a customer, it makes me feel like I am a number..... anyways, go enjoy the food, do not expect good service and you will not be disappointed. Side note, last time we went there, my wife ordered a dish she has ordered on many occasions, ginger chicken bento box, they brought her something diferent in the bento box and didnt care they got it wrong and wouldn't switch it to what she ordered, but instead said they changed the recipe, I was livid, but my wife didn't want me to make a scene so I bit my tongue, sighhhhh oh well... go at your own peril lol

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We both had sushi - it was alright. Definitely nothing to rant or rave about. Our service was absolutely horrendous. Our server paid no attention to us whatsoever. And it wasn't busy. We were the only table we saw her serve while we there, which leads us to believe we were her only customers! She should lose her job for her catty, rude attitude when I asked for a refill, and possibly reprimanded for ignoring her customers and making them ask another server for the bill. It's going to be a long time for us to get the poor taste out of our mouths for this place!

2  Thank Samantha J