“Pretty Good For An Oil Town”

Quality Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Calgary, Canada
“Pretty Good For An Oil Town”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We were there on business for a few days. The outside of the hotel looks a bit old, but the inside is actually pretty nice!

The room I had was very large, and had a seating area and king size bed, and was spotless.

The food was surprisingly good, and a pretty large menu, reasonably priced, and I would say the portion sizes were actually a bit too much! The restaurant is actually 24 hours, which was nice, because we had a staff night out, and came in for a late night coffee.

The following night we had gone into the hotel bar (which was huge!) and watched UFC on the projection TVs. Warning - it was PACKED in the bar, but everyone seemed really nice, and the staff was good.

Over all, I have stayed in much worse hotels in Fort McMurray and actually paid more. I will stay there again when I come back in the fall.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
stevenjondavis, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Thank you for your review. Our team here looks forward to these, and you covered most of the areas we try to "wow" our Guests on. We believe in continual improvement - and are delighted to say that the rooms have been newly refreshed since your visit, the 24 Dining area is being dramatically upgraded, and our public space inside the Hotel Lobby is growing. The team in The Den continues to deliver delicious food, great drinks, and fantastic service. We look forward to having you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edmonton
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My room was in a terrible state:
Holes in the shower wall.... Bugs on wall behind bed.... Sheets didn't fit the mattress properly, so I could see that it was not in good shape. Plastic edges torn off mattress..... I won't comment further on that.

That being said, the staff were extremely nice and helpful, and the lobby was clean and tidy.

I wouldn't stay here again, though.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
ManagerCN456, Manager at Quality Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 22 June 2010
Please accept my appreciation for your honest feedback. It is upsetting to hear that your stay was not enjoyable as we work very hard to ensure that we exceed all of our guests expectations. I have requested additional details of your visit, so that we may immediately correct any deficiencies with the room in question. Please accept our apologies and we look forward to being able showcase our hotel to you again in the future, as this summer we will be undergoing a renovation program for both our guestrooms & lobby. Thank you once again for your candor.

Travellers are raving about these Fort McMurray hotels

Edmonton
Reviewed 4 January 2009

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for what I expected in Fort McMurray. From what I had heard from everything is that everything is overpriced and not worth it. From the moment I checked-in, I was very pleasantly welcomed by the front desk and from that point forward found that every staff member was extremely friendly and helpful. I had previously stayed at a hotel accross the street and did find anyone friendly at all. This hotel has everything you need and the restaurant and bar has great food and awesome servers that are willing to actually talk to you. Travelling to Fort McMurray is hard enough as it is, and it is nice to be able to stay somewhere that you feel welcomed and comfortable.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Edmtrlv89
revelstoke
Reviewed 3 November 2008

Stayed here for 4 nights while house shopping, The room was clean, bed comfortable. The restaurant downstairs was good but a little overpriced, a short drive to the Airport.

• Liked — location to airport
  • Disliked — a little overpriced, pool not enclosed..everybody sees you
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 22 January 2008

I've stayed there twice now and that was too much. The first time was the first week of January. I was given a first floor room and after opening the door laughed out loud. My "executive" suite consisted of a queen bed and a couch which can best be described as harder then granite. As well there was a desk and 2 chairs, a credenza for your clothes a small t.v. and that pretty much was it. The first night I was there, there was a company party in the conference room right outside my window and ten feet away. I asked the person at the front desk when they would be done and was told 11 p.m. At 20 to midnight I called again and was told 1 a.m. She then asked me if i was being disturbed by the noise!! Gee ya think??? She then told me she would ask them to tone down the noise. I swear it got louder. After the party ended there were still drunks outside til about 1:30 a.m. In the room on a card is their gurantee which states: We gurantee that your stay with us will be problem free. If there is a problem that we know about and are unable to fix it your first night is on us. My compensation for the first night was 50 bucks out of 220.00.

On my second stay i noticed the food at the breakfast buffet was somewhat blander then the first stay. The pancakes were rubber as well as the french toast. The hashbrowns are so greasy they slide off the fork. The only thing edible was the fruit which they could never keep enough of out. Dont get me started on the grilled chicken burger the waitress reccomended for lunch. If you like cold chicken dripping with cold barbeque sauce then this is the place for you! You might ask yourself if it was so bad why stay there twice? Well all the other hotels are filled early, so if you need to stay in Fort Mcmurray book early at one of the better hotels. It may be 20 or 30 dollars more per night but trust me the alternative is not good.

• Liked — leaving.
  • Disliked — being there.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business