“Nice Mexican meal in Edmonton”
Review of HUMA

HUMA
Ranked #99 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 8 March 2017

This is a small, easily accessible restaurant. The decor is great, the food and service was really good. We went on a Friday evening and it was busy. I would suggest making a reservation.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Went to Huma for a birthday party. Parking was lousy, service mediocre and kinda pricey. $18 for a stir fry, $16 for 4 small tacos, $7.25 for a cheap Mexican beer and $10 for a plain old gin and soda with extra lime squeezes. I couldn't believe it when I saw the bill...$8.50 for 1 ounce of gin and $1.50 for extra lime slices. Total Rip off. I rated this restaurant a 2/5. One point for the nice atmosphere and one point for food. Although expensive, the food was tasty. One last warning, for parties over 6, automatic 18% tip no matter how lousy the service. I don't agree with that.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

The tacos are amazing and authentic! I love this place and can't wait to go back. Although I won't order the fried cheese dish again--it was sort of like over-melted cheese--not really for me.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Fun and filling night at Huma Mexican restaurant. Definitely start with a margarita and follow with creamy guacamole. The pico de gallo is fine, but I like it a bit spicier. The menu has a lot of choice and we all shared a few tacos to start along with a warmly spiced tortilla soup. Sopas, burritos and piata Azteca were all hits. The portions are LARGE to consider more sharing. We did find room for a piece of Tres Leches (pineapple) to share at the end. The queso fresco is home made and amazing. Worth the effort of getting there - it is in a strip mall on 63rd Ave. Parking is easy.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Both of us ordered different Taco's so we could taste 3 different kinds and all of the 3 flavors were just okay. The hot sauces that they provided for the taco's were very tasty and probably the best part of the meal. I prefer a complete meal and I didn't realize you would get nothing as a side dish with a taco. It would have been really good to have gotten some rice and beans or maybe even a salad. The service was excellent, out waitress was always very attentive. Because of allergies and the small amount of their menu that I could order from (because of cross contamination) I do not think I will ever go back.