“Best Haggis in Edmonton”
Review of Brits Fish & Chips

Brits Fish & Chips
Ranked #721 of 2,661 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We have eaten here many times and can't find a better fish supper in Edmonton. Always done up fresh so there is a wait, but it's always worth it. Only place I know to serve haggis, as good as any I have eaten in Scotland. Like other fish and chip shops not cheap but always memorable.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

We were on our way to the park decided to grab fish and chips. Ordered halibut family pack. Fish was good. Chips was bland n seemed old by the time we got to to park. When ordering at the place, we asked for utensils and plates, the lady said its $2 extra. So we said its fine we will go elsewhere, and then they included it in the price.

2  Thank Krash_1
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

Very bland .paid top dollar so had high expectations . Not an expert but I'd bet I was served basa instead of the cod I paid for. Twas the most expensive cod I ever ate. I paid before sitting down. Inc. Tip... danmn! Extremely bland and not worth breaking my diet over! Gravy was very. Good. Fries weren't very generous. Tartar was already on the table in a squirt btl... makes me suspicious... If it has eggs in it like mayonnaise... that's agst the health code.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

My wife and I decided to go for what was advertised as REAL BRITISH Fish and Chips. So off to Brits Fish & Chips. Just cause you post a couple of posters of the Beatles on the wall, does NOT a British Pub it makes. First the order taker was not helpful at all. Think we bothered her. The meal a little expensive for just Fish & Chips. Fish was good but greasy, chips soggy, limp and not worth eating. Took the left over fish home and the next day the paper wrapping was SOAKED THRU with grease.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

Who knew that a relatively non-descript storefront not far from downtown Edmonton would serve such great fish + chips! A very good menu with a good selection of fish. As I have been relatively recently diagnosed as coeliac, I was delighted with the gluten-free batter (cooked in a separate fryer to avoid cross-contamination). It was easily as good as any other fish and chip dinner that I have enjoyed anywhere outside of maritime communities. Especially recommended if you want to go beyond the ubiquitous Alberta beef (yes, it is possible to have too much of a good thing).