“Fine dining - special occasions”

Sorrentino's Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorrentino's Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 2,557 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 100 Street
Transit: Plenty of public transit stops all within short walking distances.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Went here on our last day in Edmonton visiting family after a wedding. It was a special occasion and the bill reflected that. Very dark inside. If you want to see what you eat make sure you are under one of the lights. Excellent waiter - service. Food was excellent.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Dined here with a large group of adults and children for a birthday function in a private room in the restaurant. The food atmosphere and service were all superb and could not be faulted. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We met at Sorrentino's Downtown our first night visiting Edmonton. I chose the restaurant based on the menu and the location; it was a few blocks from the Fairmont. We all enjoyed our dinner selections. The salmon and prawns were delicious. The youngest member of our group (and the most charming) loved her ravioli. The restaurant ambience is pleasant and the service was perfect.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I was unexpectedly at this restaurant twice in one day. Someone took me out to lunch, and that same evening a group business dinner was held at the same location.

The lunch menu is excellent with some fabulous choices of Italian dishes and with a signature style that this chef has. The appetizer was calamari and the main dish was veal, served with pasta. It was excellent. There were many things on the lunch menu I wanted to try.

When I returned for dinner, we were given a small set menu, at it was more standard fare with a couple of options for appetizers, three options for main courses (beef tenderloin, cod, and chicken), and two dessert choices. The food and presentation was again excellent, but it wasn't as distinguished or unique as the more Italian fare presented on the lunch menu. But this was a group dinner and so that's why we didn't have the full menu to choose from.

Originally I balked at the idea of going to this restaurant twice in one day, but the food was excellent and I'd definitely go back there again.

There is a large private room that is perfect for large groups of around 30 people, which is where we were for dinner.

Sorrentino's R, Owner at Sorrentino's Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you kindly for sharing your unique experience with Sorrentino's Downtown! We are happy to serve you as many times as you like in a day :) All the best!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I have eaten here many times and it has always been very good. I came in again for dinner tonight and it was no exception. The service is always excellent, I had the scallops for an appetizer, they were perfectly cooked and the sauce was wonderful. For the main I had the tenderloin, again, perfectly cooked and the demi-glace was perfect. I have never been disappointed.