“This is what fine dining is supposed to be like!”
Review of Hardware Grill

Hardware Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hardware Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,604 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: USD 23 - USD 38
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 97th Street & Jasper Ave
Description: Established in 1996, hardware grill is an A-list dining spot in Canada. It is a glorious setting for Chef / Owner Larry Stewart's progressive Canadian Cuisine, bold flavors, dramatic presentation, creative and whimsical prairie regional flavors, French influenced style, enthralling design and impeccable standards of service form the entire experience hardware grill. Local owners Melinda and Chef Larry Stewart have a hand picked brigade to offer culinary grace in an elegant casual setting with professional, convivial service.
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I felt a bit under dressed, which was my own fault, but our entire experience here was excellent. Server was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Refills were given very regularly, and the server stopped by to check on us regularly as well (but not too often, he wasn't hovering). The atmosphere was great, we were lucky enough to be seated next to the windows looking into the kitchen, it was very interesting to watch them cook. Prices are definitely higher, but they are appropriate. The food was awesome. You pay higher prices here for better food. It's expensive, but not overpriced. I wanted dessert but we did not have any room after dinner, so we skipped it. Portions are a bit bigger than you might expect.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

went here for a business dinner on a Monday night. Restaurant was very quiet. Server knew the menu well and provided lots of good advice. Had the warm goat cheese salad as an appie - delicious. Had the house specialty, bacon wrapped elk, for the main. Meat was done to perfection. The sides were uninspiring. Overall a good meal and good service, but not spectacular.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We both had seafood. I had the salmon and my wife had the seabass. The salmon was good, not great, but the crab and everything else on my plate was amazing. We had the scallops to start and they were excellent. My wife's seabass, shrimp and lobster crepe were some of the best things we have ever tasted. Absolutely awesome. Its a bit pricey but man was it good. The bread to start wasn't the best but everything else was good to fantastic.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I chose this restaurant to go for my birthday dinner with bf. We both enjoyed every meal and every minute there. Our server was very polite and proffessional and the food... oh, the food. Outstanding. We had smoked salmon and beef carpaccio for appies, then lamb racks and duck /yummy and made to perfection/ and dessert platter at the end. First visit and we will be back soon, eventhough it is a bit pricey, you are paying for quality! Our favourite restaurant and if possible I’d give you 10/5.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had a great dinner, with amazing service. We both had the sea bass which was really light with great flavor, and the mushroom soup :)