“Average food and over-priced”
Review of Cafe Europa - CLOSED

Cuisines: Canadian
Neighbourhood: Summerlea
Neighbourhood: Summerlea
Reviewed 23 November 2010

While on business in Edmonton, I breakfasted at the Cafe Europa at the West Edmonton Mall. It was $16 Cdn for breakfast! Very average food but the price is the killer. The buffet was very well stocked so perhaps if you eat alot, this would be worthwhile. If you are a muffin and tea person, this is not the place for you. Otherwise, the service was friendly and fast.

Reviewed 5 October 2010

We went here for the breakfast buffet and I left hungry. The food was cold, not fresh and way too salty. We had to repeatedly ask for more coffee as that was the only item I liked and yet the waitress would only full our cups half full. It was bizarre.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

I went to Café Europa branch in West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton On Saturday, September 25th 2010 at 5:15 pm with my friends to celebrate a special occasion. I am sorry to tell you that we had an unpleasant experience. The service was horrible. Here is some of what happened:

1- The waiter who served us did not have a name tag. When I asked him about his name, he said it is George. Eventually, I discovered that his name is “Rafaat”. That is to say, he used a fake identity, which is totally unacceptable by Canadian Laws.

2- When Rafaat came to take the order, three of my friends ordered drinks, and the rest did not want to have any drinks with the food. Rafaat sarcastically said, “That is it?”

3- One of my friends ordered a dish, and when my friend asked Rafaat whether that food is ready yet, Rafaat rudely replied that we do not prepare food here in the microwave.

4- Rafaat spilled coke on the table without uttering a simple apology. We asked him to wipe the spilled coke out; he angrily said that he does not have a towel with him and that he has to go to fetch one.

5- I was really annoyed with his unrespectful attitude. I told him that I want to speak with his manager; he said that the manager is not here. I told him that I am not satisfied with the service he offers. He said maybe this is your own opinion, and he tried to embarrass me by asking my friends if they are satisfied. None of us were satisfied with the service at all.

6- One of managers came, her name is Jennifer, and we told her that we need Rafaat to be replaced as he has an unrespecful attitude; she apologized and said that she cannot make such a decision.

7- We finished our food, and we waited for 10 minutes for anyone to come to take the empty plates. One of my friends called Rafaat to come to remove empty plates, but Rafaat said no.

8- We went to get another lady to remove the empty plates; I think her name was Karen. She came and eventually empty plates were removed.

9- Then, we waited again for 15 minutes for anyone to come to bring coffee. I went to Karen to ask her to bring us coffee. She said, “I am not your waitress. Rafaat should serve you. That is not my job.” I told her to get me the manager. I told her that I am not going to pay the bill until I talk to a manager. Jennifer came again and she did not properly apologized for the bad service that we got. She said that we do not have to pay for our bill. I told her that I want to make sure that this is not going to happen again with any of the customers.

I am really pessed off. The evening was ruined. Now, I am thinking about not going again to Café Europa although the food was great and I used to like the place. I want to make sure that Rafaat is not going to do the same with any of the other customers. I am really sorry to tell you that I am not going to go your restaurant again. I need you to send me an apology letter as I was treated unrespectfully and the celebration was ruined.

Ahmed Awad

M.D., M.Sc - Research Assistant

Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine,

University of Alberta, Edmonton , Alberta T6G 2S2, Canada

1  Thank hefny3
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Went for lunch, the pizza that i had was not so great. it had this really strong cheese that tasted like goat cheese, no warning on the food description in the menu. A tad overpriced as well. Disappointed, although the service was excellent. it was a kindly older gentleman who served us. i liked this restaurant much better when they had the booths in the back, before the space got taken over by a Bed, bath and Beyond.

Reviewed 17 January 2009

Inconsistent. My Mom likes it.