“Excellent choice for vacation date night”
Review of Rge RD

Rge RD
Ranked #10 of 2,601 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

In town with family and friends on Thanksgiving vacation from Alabama and Florida, husband and I looked for a good place to go for an on the town by ourself date and Rge RD won!! We had decided ahead of time to do the Road Trip tasting menu without wine pairing. We did try a couple of their tasty and different cocktails.

We started off with raw oysters in the shell with a nice swirl of sauce on top. Next came crustini with pate that had a nice cherry glaze on top and beef carpacio with seasonal vegetation including pickled onion. Then we had a tomato broth with fish and root vegetables. Our favorite was next-- a duck ragu over gnocchi. It was so rich and yummy. After cleansing our palates with a nice squash ice ball, we had our main entre of lamb lollipops that were very tender. Dessert was a chocolate bread pudding with tart cherry sauce. We enjoy farm to table restaurants.

The service was very good. Our waiter paid good attention to us and we were well attended by most of the staff at some point during the evening.

1  Thank happycat0965

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing. I’d heard good things about this restaurant before, but when we went, I was sure it was the best dinner I’ve ever had. With a spectacular selection, consisting mainly of Alberta-raised beef, we chose a variety of dishes. The appetizers are small but entirely worth it (my recommendations for that include the Scotch Egg, Tuna, and Carpaccio). Cocktails are exceptional. The service was fantastic, and the wait-time for food was very minimal. I’d suggest making a reservation for this one, as it’s constantly busy, and the best time to go is around eight so it’s a little slower and you can optimize your experience.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We went on a last minute whim. Front desk staff did an great job of getting us in. Simply an amazing place! Please try the scotch eggs! AMAZING! Great knowledgeable staff. Great drink menu. All items (except the fish) are local or from inside the province. Very busy, I️ would recommend reservations. The Bison is a must try first visit. Then feel free to be adventurous with your second visit. In my opinion the best place we have eaten in Edmonton for some time. Surprising number of regulars! Very friendly and welcoming. Definitely worth a try. We will be back!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved this little gem. Cocktails were spectacular! The chefs blind menu was worth every penny, delicate tasty dishes. This place makes me wish I lived in Edmonton

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We recently visited this place for the first time, based on the wonderful reviews.
I will start by saying that the ambiance is quite nice.
We certainly do not mind spending money for fantastic food, but this was not the case. The food was mediocre for the price. Our food was not hot, and truthfully not amazing. The service however was fantastic, and again we really enjoyed the ambiance.