“Awesome all-around”

Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 2,605 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Famoso is a casual pizzeria serving authentic Neapolitan pizzas made with high quality ingredients in a domed Italian oven. Ideal for a quick lunch or a night out. Enjoy with wine, cocktails and beer.
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Business lunch - place was very clean. No strong-scents that i vould identify. Pizza had awesome flavor...probably one of the best flavors I have ever had. Not too much salt, not too much garlic, and just the right amount of tomatoes and tomato sause. This pizza actually had some tomato taste (unlike sime others that cover up the tomato taste with salt). The service was friendly with the server ready to help when asked. Prices are reasonable at approx $16 for a 12" thin crust-pizza. I like a thicker crust; however, this thin crust was great. I am definitely will be returning. Music was a bit loud for my liking - others may like it that way.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This thin crust pizza is delicious! We ordered the BBQ chicken and the meat lovers (Sicilian I believe) and both were great. My only disappointment would be that the pizza was so thin crust and it was a little hard to eat. Other than that, I think it was delicious!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Got hungry while shopping so thought I’d try Famoso as it was literally right in front of me - had the Monday special margarita pizza - barely poured my beer into the glass and my pizza was ready. It was just okay for me - too doughy tasting and a bit limp for a thin crust pizza - I like them a bit more cooked. Will try a different spot if I’m ever in the area passing through again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Thin crust baked in stone oven. The flavors of basil and other herbs linger. Tired 2 varieties. One with egg on top and the other with prosciutto. Both yummy. Had raspberry beer without alcohol. Unique! Tiramisu is heavenly.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This place needs to smarten up. Bad management and bad service alongside bad food and you just have a failure. Not impressed with the way they dealt with a 10 person seating we had and how we were an after thought.

Food was gross and soggy and they didn't even take anything off our bill.

Famoso S, General Manager at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Hi Debra,

We're really sorry to hear about your bad experience, because we take such pride in our authentic Neapolitan pizza. I would love to talk more with you about it. Feel free to e-mail me, Shane, at Southcommon@famoso.ca. I look forward to talking to you soon.