“Pretty good food”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 2,601 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ellerslie Road and Calgary Trail
Description: Chop Steakhouse's South Edmonton restaurant features steak, seafood and drink specials; located near Gateway Blvd & Calgary Trail in the Sandman.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Came here for a Saturday Night dinner. It was packed. Thank goodness we made reservations. We ordered wine, I ordered there only Rose, which was dry and not sweet (perfect) and my husband ordered there house red wine, which he absolutely loved. We started with hot wings (they’re not spicy) they’re breaded wings, and they had a nice flavor. I ordered the mushroom ravioli, it was delicious! Wasn’t the best I had, but good for not being an Italian restaurant. My husband got a prime rib, and it was cooked a little.. differently I should say. But he still said it was good.
Our server was a darling, I just felt bad for how many people she had to waiter to.

Nick L, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the wine, but I'm curious as to what was "different" regarding the prime rib. If you could send me an email (ellerslie@chop.ca) I'd love to hear some more of your feedback!

Nick Lischka,

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The place is nice, good choice of either sports bar or dinning room. I have been to this place in the past, food is always to your liking. Reason for this review, being in Alberta you expect pricing on beef being less than any where else in Canada. So although I enjoyed my Sirloin Steak, to me it was overpriced. It is a personnel matter on this, and writing this only for the benefit of people who are looking for a good steak in Edmonton, they can expect $$$ out of Chop Steakhouse and Bar

Francois,

Thank you for the feedback. If you would like to hear more about our beef program or pricing, please email me at ellerslie@chop.ca or call 780-485-8029. Our Operating Partner, Brad German, or myself would be happy to speak with you.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Visited with our adult children on a snowy night and received a warm and friendly welcome. Our waiter was efficient, knowledgeable and helpful with both the food and wine.
We ordered just a main course of prime rib and after a discussion with our waiter realised that the smallest serving was quite enough for hungry kiwis not used to the gargantuan portions expected by many North Americans. The prime rib was superb and served at exactly the right ‘doneness’ for each of us . We the waiter suggested we order small platters of extra vegetables (asparagus and mushrooms to share, )which was appreciated .The suggested wine was great too. We were give extra bread without asking , and a complementary tasting dessert which was a great finish . All in all a very pleasant experience

Ken,

Thank you very much for the excellent review. I would love to know who your server was (if you can recall) so that I can give them the praise they deserve as well! I hope this is the first of many great experiences for you at Chop, and that I get the opportunity to meet you on your next visit!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We just came back from dinner here. We both had steak and it was delicious. The side dishes were also real tasty, so I can wholeheartedly recommend this place. But don't forget that you'll have to pay for the quality and the good service

Nick L, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Immerenga,

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad your dinner was enjoyable. We pride ourselves on using only the highest quality and freshest ingredients, and 100% Canadian beef that is specifically raised and hand selected only for Chop. This is what dictates our prices, but we are unwilling to compromise on quality. If you have any further questions or concerns please send me an email (ellerslie@chop.ca) and I would be happy to chat some more.

Nick Lischka,

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic experience. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is dining solo or if you have a large group. The filet mignon was so tender and seasoned to perfection.
The best part of my experience was my waitress ‘Cat’. She was funny, engaging and provided me with the right suggestions for food and drink. It is so refreshing to finally have unparalleled service! When I go back, it will be her section I sit in. They also make great Margs!

Nick L, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Curtis,

Thank you for the excellent review! I have shared this with Cat and she was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed her service and recommendations. She usually works during the day, so if you're ever in the area for lunch there's a good chance you'll run into her again. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Assistant Manager

Been to Chop Steakhouse & Bar? Share your experiences!