“An Enduring Classic”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: whyte avenue
Description: Continental Treat Fine Bistro "Taste of Europe" . Gluten Free Continental Treat Fine Bistro is a south Edmonton Best Gluten Free , modern European, Germanic Restaurant. A family affair, as three generations of the Borówka Family work together to bring their romantic turn of the century dining vision to life. Proud to serve since 1982, owners Ryszard , Helena Borówka ,their son Sylvester and Grandsons Matthew and Michal oversee the entire operation. Continental Treat Bistro has become a premier choice for; anniversaries, birthdays, romantic dinners, small weddings and business dinners.
Reviewed 20 November 2017

What I liked best about this place isn't the fact that it could be considered trendy--what with its gluten free offerings, nose-to-tail meat and locally sourced products--but that is a genuine and earnest dining establishment with real, solid cuisine from a variety of countries. The Polish tripe soup was so good I came back another day to have it for supper and, just as word of advice, a "European size Bowl" isn't just a meal it is a commitment. The smoked salmon was like butter and the pierogies were obviously in-house made and literally perfect. Both times I visited the staff were excellent, the food equally good and the atmosphere relaxed and yet formal enough to feel special. My new favorite.

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Skilt! You are MY new favourite :)
What a well thought out assessment of The Continental Treat Bistro.
Thank you for making special mention of so many aspects of our little establishment.
I appreciate that you noted the freshness and quality of our food and the variety in which we offer.
Our aim is always to please, so for you to say that you were made to "feel special" let's us know that we are doing our job well.
Thank you again. You are welcome anytime.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

We came here for a reunion among friends and found the place to be cosy. The service was warm, welcoming and friendly. The options provided for the food was fantastic and the wine selection was also impressive. This restaurant is definitely a must visit in Edmonton!

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Hi IanSydney2014,
Thank you so much for celebrating your reunion at The Continental Treat Fine Bistro.
I am pleased to hear that your company and yourself enjoyed the experience.
Next time you visit Edmonton be sure to stop by again as there is so much more we offer that I am sure you would enjoy.
Have a fantastic weekend and all the best.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We have been to this restaurant many times and on each occasion we not only enjoyed our meals but the atmosphere. From the schnitzel ( with spaetzle ) to the chicken to the salads and shrimp, the taste buds are on a holiday. The service is always well above standard. It"s a great place for fantastic food and conversation with family and friends . Very nice selection of wine/beer and the espresso is good too. ( try the escargot --- nice twist ) . Thanks to Sylvester and staff , please don't change because what you have works extremely well.

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

John S. you are awesome!
I enjoyed your comment ' Taste buds are on a holiday'. Never heard that before and I thank you. :)
I truly appreciate your review and that you have recognized all that we try to bring forward at The Continental Treat Bistro.
Great to have you as a loyal customer and we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We met another couple here for lunch yesterday and over all it was very good. The wait staff was really good, attentive and just the right amount of chatty. Service was good. They focus mainly on eastern European food. We lived in eastern Europe for three years so most things were familiar and really the reason we picked this restaurant. The food was good, I had a cup of pickle soup and perogies. My wife had garlic shrimp. So, three appetizers and a coke between us, $56. It was very good but, really, $13 for four perogies? I spent most of my lunch trying to calculate how many perogies I could buy at Costco. The answer was, a lot more than 4. Entrees are about $30.

So, to summarize. Good service, good food, but would I go again? No, just too expensive. We both ate again as soon as we got home.

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Hi CDN2UK,
Thank you much for your review and your kind, honest words.
It is great for us to receive feedback as such so we know how people feel about all areas of our restaurant.
Wanted to mention that our perogies, as with most of our menu items, are made in house with only fresh, local ingredients. Never frozen.
We do our best to price our items according to market value, however I can understand why that may seem a bit steep if you did not know they were homemade.
If you do chose to return, I would recommend trying a heartier meal such as our stroganoff or goulash. I promise you will leave (too) full. :)
Thank you again and hope to see you another time.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

All I can really say is "Continental Treat continually provides excellent meals, a comfortable space, and great hospitality." They have a great beer/wine menu.

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hey Doug H.
What more is there to say besides THANK YOU !! ?? :)
You said it all and I truly appreciate that.
See you soon.