“Great Peruvian Restaurant in Edmonton”

Azucar Picante Restorante and Cantina
Ranked #1,441 of 2,539 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed 11 April 2016

The food was very good. I ordered Lomo Saltado and Pollo a la Brasa, Anticuchos and Picarones. Everything was excellent. The prices were affordable. The owners Manuel and María were very friendly. We really enjoyed the time, and felt like being among home with friends. Next time we go to Edmonton, for sure we will come back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 January 2016

Fantastic service and great food.

We dropped in to celebrate our anniversary. Immediately we had a waiter (Adrian) getting us drinks and making recommendations. Both him and the waitress always made sure we were being looked after.

We tried the beef heart appetizer and it was fabulous. Never had beef heart like this.

Our main courses were also excellent. My wife had the seafood rice and I tried the rotisserie chicken. I would order the same thing again next time but I might miss out on something even better so I will explore.

Not a fancy place at all, could use a little updating but we will be back.

Reviewed 27 December 2015

Great Latin club. Great music, great dancing. Food was ok, service ok. I go there for dancing. Staff are good.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We had a coupon for buy one get one at the Azucar Picante. We went on a Saturday evening about 9 pm and found the place rather empty. We told them we had a coupon but they said they would not honour it even though they looked as if they shouldn't be turning business away. We decided to leave and my Wife pointed out a notice at the front desk saying they have the right to frisk any patrons before allowing you entry. If l have to be frisked before getting into a restaurant then l know its not the place for me to be in. When we got home we checked the coupon book for the following year and they were in that as well, false advertising.

1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Been to Azucar a few times and it is one of my favorite mexican restaurants in the city. Being to mexico a handful of times i would say it is pretty authentic considering we're in Edmonton. Their tacos are authentic, with your choice of meat, cilantro and onions. The tacos also came with refried beans and tortilla chips and salsa. If you want authentic and not an overcrowded, popular place like tres carnales then I recommend Azucar hands down. Good food and good service at a reasonable price.