“Good stay for a budget”

Days Inn Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #71 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Good stay for a budget”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a hotel with a good location downtown Edmonton and we paid just under $100/nt. My brother and I stayed for three nights to attend the Edmonton Indy races. Safe location and close to many downtown attractions. Hotel itself is average but is very clean. Ideal if you just need a place to rest your head and stay central.
Area amenities:
Many restaurants in the area to choose from. A few blocks away is a grocery store. Only a couple blocks from 109th street and Jasper Ave, both are main artery roads. Close to transit, bus and rail. Short walk to downtown mall. Would take about 15-20 minutes to walk across the high level bridge to the Kinsmen sports centre and another 10minutes to get to Whyte Ave for shopping.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Nadia R, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review here! We really appreciate your comment about the cleanliness of our property: our staff works very hard to keep guest rooms in the immaculate condition, and it is always nice when their efforts are recognized by our guests. Special thanks for such a detailed and accurate description of area amenities: I can only add that no matter where you need to go, our front desk staff will be more than happy to provide directions. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you will give us yet another chance to extend our usual hospitality in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I live in Edmonton but we stayed downtown New Year's eve so we could join the fun but not have to worry about the blocked traffic and crowded (free) buses after the fireworks. The whole hotel is 100% smoke free and, by the smell of it they enforce that well. Clean, unsmelly room, comfortable beds - as someone says the decor is a bit 'tired' but who cares?

We only stayed one night so didn't test things like room service or maid service but I'll assume all is well. Alberts restaurant on premesis was nice and the buses and LRT isn't far away. It's convenient to Jasper Avenue but not noisy.

The only thing I noticed was the walls were rather thin because I could hear peoples' TVs.

As ever, ALL hotels in this day and age could benefit from a fridge and microwave in the room.

Room Tip: There are no 'rooms with a view' in this hotel, it's downtown but you've got a good...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your review of our property! You are absolutely right, our hotel is 100% smoke-free property and we invest much effort into keeping it that way. Our color-scheme might appear a bit dated to some quests, while others find very cozy. As to the refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms, I am happy to report that we are in the process of upgrading all of our room with these amenities and will offer them soon. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
australia
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Edmonton probably was a disapointment to us as we stayed there two days, the hotel was clean good value, and free parking and close walking distance to restruants. The carpet was very 60's and would have loved to open the window to retrieve the bible that has been left there for a very long time. No free breakfast, but we travelled with plastic plates and bowels and with cornflakes some mornings this was ok, no fridge but thanks for the ice machine.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback here. Sorry to hear about your disappointing trip to our city. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department to ensure that they are more thorough in the future. That you very much for choosing our hotel and we hope to be a part of your travel needs in the future!
Montreal
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I had a really good four-day stay. Price is good, parking is convenient & free for guests, staff is helpful, the small gym is convenient since I was the only person ever there, & the location is great. Problems are only with the bathroom: it's difficult to set the proper temperature & there is even a notice letting you know to be careful not to scald yourself. The shower curtain should be changed as well, & paint can do wonders. While I was there, however, they were working on changing some pipes, so hopefully by now (or soon) these issues will be resolved.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your kind words about our property! We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here. You are absolutely right: we have just recently upgraded all of our equipment in the boiler room and hope not to have any issues with water temperature in the future. Hope to see you again soon!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 November 2011

On my first trip to Edmonton I wanted a downtown hotel but always wanting to save my clients money on my expenses, I wanted something reasonably priced. That's not easy to do when you're staying at a downtown hotel, but it worked out great here at the Days Inn in downtown Edmonton.

The room worked good for me and the location was ideal. Free parking in the ramp was excellent too, that's a rare find. I didn't go down for the breakfast but instead went to a nearby Starbucks for my dark roast and breakfast wrap. My hotel room was clean and everything worked fine. It seemed a bit dark and could have used a remodeling, but as long as things are clean and they work and it's safe and in a good location, I'm happy with almost any hotel. I'd stay here again in a minute and I hope to be back in Edmonton again, it's a cool city and I only got to see a fraction of it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We hope to see you again soon!