We came here around mid July as a stay over for our road trip. When we got to the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised with the inside of it, as well as the rooms and the rates. However, one of the staff members there was unprofessional and inappropriate at times. We were at the front desk asking her for some assistance about how to get around Edmonton to a restaurant. While she was in the middle of helping us, she over heard that another guest was asking the other front desk clerk how to get around Edmonton. This prompted her to "ditch" us in the middle of helping us, move herself over to the other front desk agent and help those guests instead since she "knew the city better". We stood there for about five minutes listening to her converse with other guests and completely push aside the other front desk clerk when she was more than capable of finding them directions whether she knew them or not. There's Google Maps for a reason!
Other than that it was a good stay and we recommended the hotel to some of our friends. They were going to be travelling around Edmonton later for a deal they had found online for the mall. After exchanging stories and descriptions, we found out later that they dealt with the same girl at the front desk we did. This time however, they described how it was inappropriate because she was mentioning that she was sick and needed to barf while at the front desk and other people were dealing with guests, and then later as they were leaving the hotel, saw that she was hugging a trash can by the front entry of the back office and puking. Not something they wanted to see on their way out! They enjoyed their stay at the hotel and the rooms, but the one front desk clerk they also found the be very inappropriate at times, and not what they were expecting to see on their trip. They had also observed when they were using the ATM that there would be guests that would be left hanging there as she jumped in on someone else's conversation and help others before her own customers.
I would advise you to teach her to use the bathroom when she is feeling ill, or to not come into work if she is going to be doing something like that in front of the guests. I would also advise you to teach her how she should behave to her guests when helping them at the front desk. We are there asking you questions because we don't know the city. We don't want to sit there and listen to you shove another staff member aside as you show someone else around the map when we were dealing with you first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 100% non-smoking, 3.5 Star fully renovated, full service hotel is located 2 minutes from West Edmonton Mall with easy access to downtown, airport and all major highways. Coin-op laundry, fitness & business centre for guest convenience as well as free parking & local calls. This is one of the only full service hotels in the area and we offer discounted West Edmonton Mall Choice Passes to our guests. Designated Pet rooms are available for an extra cost per pet/per room. Recipient of the "Housekeeping Award of Excellence" for 2010 & 2011 make this an excellent choice when selecting hotels in west Edmonton, Alberta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Quality Inn West Edmonton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn West Harvest Hotel Edmonton
- Quality Inn Edmonton
- West Harvest Quality Inn
- West Harvest Inn Edmonton
- Quality Inn West Edmonton Alberta