New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Chateau Louis Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #46 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Red Deer, Canada
“Will Not Stay Here Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

This was one of the worst places I have stayed. I had phoned to book the room. When I booked it I asked to have a fridge in the room as I would need one. I was told that they would make sure there was one. I check in and head to my room. I walk in and there is no fridge. I went to call the front desk on my room phone and discovered the button on the phone marked "front desk" didn't work. So I dialed 0 hoping it would take me to the front desk. When I spoke to the front desk and asked why there was not a fridge in my room. They said my room does not come with a fridge. I asked them why they told me on the phone I could have one. They said they can request a fridge but there is no guarantee to get one. Why did they not tell me that when I booked the room and said I would need a fridge. I found the furniture in the room had a very old smell. I opened up the dresser and the wood smelled very stale. I didn't want that smell getting into my clothes so I ended up keeping them all in my suitcase. I decided to have a bath and no matter how long I waited, the water would not get any hotter than lukewarm. Lukewarm is not warm enough to have a bath in. Over my stay not once would the water get any warmer than lukewarm. I was actually cold in the shower. I sat down with my computer. I have never seen such a troublesome way of getting on the net at a hotel. Every place I have stayed you just bring up your browser, a login page comes up and you enter the password the hotel gives you. Not at this hotel. This one you have to go into your network settings and even then it would not work properly. If someone brought their lap top but didn't have any experience with "network settings (which most people I know don't), they would not have any idea how to get on the internet here. I was not impressed with the food. One night I had ordered a steak. I had said very well done with no pink at all. It arrives at my table and is medium rare. I tried a different meal the next night and it had no flavor at all. Don't recommend the food here. For the rest of my stay I drove to other restaurants in the area to eat. I will not stay here again when there is so many much better places to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank OADiver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Shirley BC Can
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

We spent 5 nights at this hotel while visiting family and friends in Edmonton... when checking in we thought we would not stay for the 5 nights but would move to a different hotel for the next 4 nights... but after spending the night we decided to stay. The rate is affordable but the furniture needs to be upgraded... the arm chairs are used and uncomfortable.. they need to be replaced...the carpeting is old and should also be replaced .. the bathroom was clean and stocked with fresh towels daily .. the buffet definetly needs to to be addressed... the waffle making equipment is alway messy and has batter dripping on the counters... the food seems to be served on a sporadic basis.. it would be a smart idea to have a staff member stand by the food area to clean up spills and insure the food is brought out when the containers are empty... the coffee servers seem to ignore the guests seated away from the main seating area.. my husband would just get up and pour our coffee .. why not have a self serve area for coffee and tea... the main complaint is there was no hand sanitizer container any where in the food area... buffet service MUST have a dispenser at all buffet service.. the staff were friendly and helpful.. my suggestion is ... if you are planning on eating brealfast at the buffet.. bring along some sanitary hand wipes...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank beachlot
Hinton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I picked this hotel as I wanted something close to downtown and needed to park a F450 dually truck. Lots of parking and room to get out. I parked in the small lot next to Superstore across from the conference centre.
My room was so old that it was cute. If they renovated bits of it, it might have come across as cheesy, but it was adorable.
I live in the country and have a hard time sleeping in hotels in the city, but this one gave me no problem. Dark and quiet enough, I had a great sleep!
Wifi was a little slow, but worked.
Breakfast was good. I could have done without the waffle maker beeping. Get rid of it and put out a chafing dish of waffles.
The only issue I had was the staff was not friendly. When I was in the lobby, I was ignored. And the only time I saw someone at my table at breakfast was to give me the bill so I could tip. No welcome, offer of coffee or clearing plates.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Hintontraveller
Fort Mcmurray
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We recently stayed at the Louis and enjoyed our time there very much! The staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed meals in the dining room, which we found to be pleasant and relaxing.
The complimentary hot buffet breakfast is a huge plus for this hotel, and a decisive factor when choosing where to stay.
We found the first room we stayed in to smell of smoke, although it was a non-smoking room, but the staff quickly moved us to a room that was suitable. The renovated rooms are lovely, but we found the older rooms to be very comfortable and suited our budget.
This has now become a favourite spot for us and we look forward to returning whenever possible.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Debra S
Athabasca, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

We look forward to our annual summer stay during the Edmonton Labatt Blues Festival in August! Great hospitality. Karen, Angela, and Chantelle are some of our faves around. Always a great weekend with good food and excellent entertainment!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends