“Won't soon forget this meal”
Review of Guru Restaurant

Guru Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Guru Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,559 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The smell as soon as you enter this restaurant is absolutely intoxicating! We enjoyed our food very much. We have not much experience with Indian cuisine. Our server politely answered our questions but we found there was a bit of expectation that we should know to order rice, and when our food arrived it was just set before us without a bit of education on how best to serve and enjoy it.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I visited Guru with a friend for a mid-week lunch. In spite of it not being very busy, we waited a while to be welcomed and seated. The hostess/waitress was busy delivering drinks and taking another order when we got there.

Once seated, we ordered a couple of Guru Lager which goes really well with Indian food. Our appetizer, the shrimp pakora, was delicious, as were the butter chicken and the channa masala.

Our only complaint was our server could use some more education on Indian food. My friend and I are pretty familiar with the cuisine, but the server clearly was not, and we also heard her struggle to describe some of the dishes to a neighboring table. She also called Alexander Keith's an "Indian beer" which clearly it is not in the way that Guru Lager or Kingfisher is.

Overall, I would return to Guru - the dishes were fresh, tasty, and delivered quite quickly - and I would hope for a more knowledgeable server next time.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

If you love Indian Food, then you'll love this place. Lots of options and they also include a gluten free/dairy free/egg free menu. The staff was amazing at keeping the laughs going and the food delicious!!

1  Thank Tania R
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I went here for my wife's birthday and did not know what to order really. They helped me choose what i wanted and food was really great and fresh. They also offered desert as a gesture of my wife's birthday for free which is good. It is not cheap but good things don't come cheap so i would say give it a try for once atleast. This might not be the first choice for me only because i can not afford it which is not really their problem.

1  Thank Jayesh A
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We came for dinner the other night, I have been numerous times, it has always been exceptional. The service was great, as it always has been. The food was exceptional, again, as it always has been. I do so love the Chicken Shooters. Everything on the menu is excellent.

I believe that this is a must do restaurant in Edmonton. Give it a try.

1  Thank Ian K