“saccharine”
Review of Petite Bakery

Petite Bakery
Ranked #1,293 of 2,785 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The word of the day is saccharine! These cupcakes are just too darn sweet. I am a lover of cheesecakes and would even consider myself a bit of a connoisseur, and these cheesecake cupcakes just don't cut it for me. The plain vanilla cake base of the cupcake was not what I had expected, considering it was of the cheesecake variety. I guess a form of whipped cheesecake topping is what allows this to be called a cheesecake cupcake. which in my opinion is very misleading. We tried a lemon and strawberry cheesecake cupcake which came with two free chocolate balls. The chocolate balls were extremely unappetizing. They are essentially lumps of malleable uncooked batter covered in sprinkles. The visual appeal leaves you really hoping that each bite tastes just as good as it looks but it doesn't.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 31 December 2017

OMG! We packaged up 2 of these GF cupcakes to take back to the hotel after dinner. They were loaded with whipping cream and decorations so I was expecting an instant sugar overload BUT what a shock! The cupcake actually tasted more like a pudding and the whipped cream wasn't heavy and sweet but light and fluffy. These beat Crave cupcakes hands down. Great product. Glad I was in Edmonton and found you!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We had visited the petite bakery last summer and loved it so we made a point of going back for more. We love the original cupcakes and this visit were convinced to try the cheesecake cupcakes thanks to the marvellous looking display. I had a chocolate cheesecake and the bf had the Oreo cheesecake cupcake. We were upsold to purchase a 3rd cupcake (mint chocolate) to receive a free cake ball. The cheesecake cupcake were not anything special, however the mint chocolate cupcake was epic. The cake ball was greasy and almost raw textured. All in all we would probably pass next time we're in town.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Was very impressed by the display of cheesecake cupcakes. Ordered one (pecan) and was charged extra for the container. What?! When I challenged the person who appeared to be in charge, she said they charge extra for the plastic to-go container. What?! That is like charging extra for the box for a pizza. What a scam!
Item itself was terrific, but these guys have got to give their policy a few thoughts. Not impressed!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank J444GXdavidc
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

While on vacation, my family saw this great cupcake display whenever we walked in, right off Bourbon Street....it was quaint yet beautiful. I knew that on our last day we would definitely be stopping by it. I got to interact with a very nice woman who I believe is probably the owner; she was so personable and shared her love of our hometown in Great Falls, MT. We got cheescake cupcakes as well as regular ones. I will tell you that I consider myself a cheesecake pro...I feel like I know a good cheesecake! They were AMAZING! I wish I had gotten more...seriously. We tried the coconut, oreo, and lemon cheesecake cupcakes....they were all delicious and my favorite was the lemon. We also tried a birthday cupcake and it was moist and had great frosting. You wont be disappointed by stopping here...I promise!

Date of visit: September 2016