“Family dinner”
Review of Uccellino

Uccellino
Ranked #53 of 2,642 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Wonderful food, great dining, great vibe- very expensive though. Great for that special celebration.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Went early to dinner in advance of a show downtown. Atmosphere was quieter which was a plus for us. We particularly enjoyed the sober modern European dining experience. However, the star of the evening was the food itself.

We ordered three shared appetizer and shared the half chicken as a main course. The appetizers were excellent but the chicken was perfection itself. It was cooked perfectly, was very tasty and the accompanying bread/tomato salad was fantastic. The whole was accompanied with wine by the glass. Expensive but worth every penny.

For dessert, we shared a chocolate pudding which must be Italian for flourless chocolate cake. Heaven. I really liked the evening. We were done in time. I certainly plan to return and would have a hard time not ordering the same thing.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Bar Bricco has always been our favorite spot to go since it doesn't require reservations (unlike Corso 32) and has a really cool atmosphere that we love! It took a couple visits to Uccellino to appreciate its differences from Bar Bricco, but all three of Costa’s restaurants have something uniquely special that keep us coming back to each one, depending on how we feel and the purpose of our visit. Uccellino, Bar Bricco, and Corso 32 all feature great food and drinks, but I have a few favorites at Uccellino that I can't get at the other two.

The Anchovy & Butter Crostini would not have been my first choice had my Italian fiancé not expressed interested, but it is now one of my favorite things to eat in Edmonton! The saltiness of the anchovies with the rich, thick butter, and a slight hint of heat and lemon creates the most balanced, delicious flavor bomb in your mouth that I can't get enough of. The only unfortunate thing is that I can't get myself to try anything else when we go in there! The Beef Carpaccio was lighter, but tasty, and followed nicely after the decadent crostini. I've heard that the Olive Oil Cake & Olive Oil Gelato is a must-try but I'm a sucker for chocolate. I expressed my reservations to our server about the Chocolate Budino comparing it to Corso's Hazelnut Torta, but he reassured me that the Budino was worth a try, and that I might actually like it better. I just don't understand it, but Costa just keeps getting better and better with each new culinary creation! He continues to outdo himself, taking my favorites, and then heightening them to new levels. The Chocolate Budino was just perfection. I liked that it wasn't quite as rich as the Torta, and it the gooey chocolatey centre... ahh... I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Decor is the flavour of the day . Small space crammed with as many tables as they can . antiseptic atmosphere . While everything we tried was flavourful , even made for sharing we found portions small. Almost impossible to have a private conversation with tables so close .$43 for a quarter chicken ? Come on ! 3 our of 5 stars

1  Thank Andrea Y
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The emphasis of the menu is to share each course to enable everyone to sample something from each of the different courses offered. There is a large wine selection available and there are" per glass" wines that are reasonably priced as per the market standards. The Fettunta was ordinary however , the Lardo that was served with it was delicious and elevated the first few bites enough to pique our curiosity into asking how it is made. THe Culatello was very nice ,drizzled with Saba to make an interesting flavouring and it too,was served with its own bread . We chose to have individual homemade pasta dishes (3)which was not ideal as they are meant to be shared as an accompaniment with the entrees , so were tasty but quite simple and not worth the price charged as a stand alone pasta dish (was never the intent we found out )....No decaf coffee available after supper. The decor is modern, almost ulitarian, thus the noise level gets louder the busier the restaurant becomes ,making it difficult to have intimate conversations. The server was very knowledgable and the service was impeccable . Would return again but probably approach the menu as per the recommendations from the server to maximize the food experience.