“A big hit! A great place for gluten free!”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 3,874 Restaurants in Calgary
Description: Chop Steakhouse and bar features steak & daily drink specials; a patio and lounge. Located next to the Sandman Signature Hotel Calgary and the International Airport.
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Wow, this place was so great! We didn’t have a reservation, but were seated no problem. When our guest advised of celiac disease, the manager came over to speak with him to discuss the food options, then discussed his order with the kitchen, and returned to confirm that everything discussed would be cooked gluten free.

I found the service to be exceptionally attentive. The food was tasty, my steak cooked to perfection. I can understand the comments I read about it tasting a bit salty, but I really liked it. I enjoyed the whole meal and would recommend it to anybody. It was very close to the airport, within a few kms, so you could eat before or after your flight before you hit the highway.

Chop S, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Cgreno,

Wow! I am so excited to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. Here at Chop we take allergies very seriously and I am so glad your guest enjoyed his meal knowing he was well taken care of. It also pleases me to hear that you found our hospitality to be exceptionally attentive. We pride ourselves on this and it's great to hear we hit this on the mark for you. I hope it isn't too long until we see you and your guests again. Please come back soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff and excellent food! We visited on our way through Calgary from Banff. We had our 8 year old daughter with us as well and they have a great children’s menu. It also came with a free “appetizer” for her which consisted of veggies and dip. :) The manager himself came over to chat and even offered us free appetizers at our home restaurant in Winnipeg, Mb. Great experience!

Chop S, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Cayla C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am ecstatic to hear you had such a wonderful time at our location! I also find our kids program a great concept and a way for us to make the kids feel special as well. I hope you enjoy the complimentary appetizer in Winnipeg. I highly recommend the beef carpaccio, it is my favourite appetizer! Whenever you find yourself back in Calgary please come back and visit us.

All the best,

Reviewed 7 July 2018

I'm in town on business for 3 days, so was dining on my own and had dinner at your Barlow location last night. Had a caesar salad, filet mignon, vegetables, and prawns. It was amazing, the steak was perfect. The caesar salad was off-the-hook, very good. Vegetables were done perfect as well. The prawns were amazing, too. I almost licked the plate when I was done. The reason I'm writing this review is that I went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse this evening and had virtually the exact same dinner (I love steak when I'm in Calgary). I have to say I was NOT impressed by any of the 4 identical items I ordered at Ruth's Chris. I wanted to see for myself how Chop compared to RCS... Ruth's Chris isn't even close. To top it off my dinner at Chop was about $66 (totally fine), at Ruth's Chris it was $148!!! Wow. I'll be coming back to Chop, for sure. Thanks for a great meal.
...and Mariam was amazing, very professional, she did a great job.

Chop S, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Steed2018,

Wow! I am so excited to hear about your visit. What a great compliment, thank you so much! We strive to ensure our guests have the ultimate steak experience when they come in for a visit and I am so thrilled to hear we hit this on the mark for you. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our chef and Mariam. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and I hope you join us again when you are back in Calgary.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Food was average. Prime Rib OK. Covered in heavy gravy. Baked potato was definitely not cooked on the same day. It had texture and flavor of left over from day before. All
meals were overly complex with seasoning and gravy. Good food needs either. Adult beverages over priced. Server non existent for most of our dinner. Save your money. They spent a lot of the money on the facility. Refocus on food and customers would be better investment.

Chop S, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Brian M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am truly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dinner on your last visit. We pride ourselves on our food program and I am truly disappointed to hear we missed the mark for you. I would really like to make this experience up to you. Whenever you have a chance please call me at 403-736-3333 or you can email me at barlow@chop.ca. If it is easier, feel free to send me a message on a time that is best for you and I would be more than happy to call you at your convenience.
Thank you again for your time and I hope we can get in touch soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed next door for a night awaiting flight home and walked to the Chop House. It was a Sunday and it was quiet, the service was excellent and the food was very good. Left thinking better than the Keg and wondering if we had any in Ontario. We found one in Vaughn, haven't gone yet.

Chop S, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Sheri S,
Thank you for taking the time to write in your review. I am ecstatic to hear that you had such a wonderful time at our location. To answer your question we have 5 locations in Toronto. I have listed the addresses below in hopes one is pretty close to where you live. If you were to find yourself back in Calgary please come back and visit us!

All the best,