“Chinatown”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Good, authentic, Chinese food in the Chinatown section of Calgary. Very large portions, do share with others at your table.

1  Thank Lisa B

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We came at close to 4pm and wanted to order dim sum but they have less variety after lunch time so we just ordered 4 dim sum and some dishes.

We ordered tea and the waitress emphasized that it is chargeable. Ya, of course we know... goes without saying...

The dim sum tasted really average, sweet and sour pork tasted funny and worst was the egg. They poured sauce on it and it wasn't crunchy anymore. The picture on the menu doesn't have any sauce on it and it looked good and that's why we ordered the egg. When we asked the waitress, she informed us matter of factly that "there is no gravy on the pic in the menu as the pic won't look good with the gravy but all eggs will have gravy"..

Reviewed 8 May 2017

We arrived here at around 1130 on a weekday and the place was pretty empty, with maybe 3 other tables taken. By noon, there were some dozen tables, most for the dim sum, which comes around in carts from which you can choose what you want.

Three of us had dim sum and the fourth had the buffet. He enjoyed the buffet and had two plates of it as well as a plate of dessert items.

We had the usual suspects for dim sum, shu mae, har gow, sticky rice and all were good. I would rate this place better than the three stars above, but not quite into the 4 star range.

Service was good, the food was good, and the price was reasonable. But, when you factor in the trip downtown and the $16 to park here, I cannot unconditionally recommend this place unless you are already downtown and in walking distance.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Been coming here for years for Dim Sum and it's always on point. I have never had a bad experience with the food. Love when they do it buffet style, so that I don't have to wait for all the different carts to get what I want.

They get a 4 of 5 because of service. Some of the serving staff are quite rude, but I'll still continue to come back.

1  Thank anotableman
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Arrived at the restaurant around 12:45pm and the place was mostly empty. Other times I've been here it's been quite loud and busy. The server was prompt with drinks and my party all went to the buffet.

A lot of the items at the buffet were running low but that's to be expected when the restaurant is at the end of the lunch rush.

Items like the salt & pepper chicken, ginger chicken & broccoli were excellent. The ginger beef was quite crunchy but the flavor was good.

The salt & pepper squid, which is normally my favorite, was pretty rubbery.and bland.

1  Thank Steve R